The Workshop

All was going great. I could shadow travel, I was on a quest with some of my friends, I might have a thing with a super cute guy, but of course the universe didn't like that. We were half way to Michigan when the bus broke down.

"Don't worry everyone, the motel across the street will take us on for the next few days while the engine is replaced" the bus driver said.

"We don't have a few days" I whispered harshly to Madi.

"Calm down little wolf" James told me.
Awwww, he has a pet name for me.

"It's fine, lets walk around town and figure out something" Madi suggested.

So that's what we did. All nine of us walked around the little town in Indiana. We found some coffee shops, tourist shops, and parks, but no bike shops, car shops, or mechanical shops.

"Well I give up" I said, exasperated.

"No, no, no we'll find something! Stay positive!" Megan said. She adjusted her purple glasses and looked curiously around at all the buildings.

"Yes we will, I just did. Look there's a Victoria's Secret! Heck yeah!" Sadie said and started towards it.

"Yay! I needed more form tunics" Megan exclaimed.

Wow, I thought, Megan doesn't seem like that kind of type. I guess that's her Aphrodite shining through.

"Hold up girls" Dan yelled after them, but they didn't listen.

"Stop, now!" Gabriella barked, and they obeyed. They started walking towards us.

"Later?" Megan asked.

"No!" MK said.

"Whatever" Sadie rolled her eyes.

"Look, there!" Dan said.

"What did you find a relocated ROFL peace boy?" Gabriella teased.

"No, look" he said, pointing this time.

I followed his gaze and saw a sign on a store front reading: Leo and Calypso's Garage: Auto Repair and Mechanical Monsters

"I really hope the Mechanical Monsters part is a joke" I said.

"It's not" James said casually. A smile grew on his face and I kinda freaked out in my head.

We walked inside of the store. A bell rung at the top of the door and the dingy, dirty workshop had a good amount of customers.

"I guess this is the place to be" MK said.

"Yeah" Megan said in awe looking around the shop. There wasn't much that was special about this shop, there was a fire place, but I've seen a few other mechanical shops with fire places.

"Please wait so we can get to everyone" a gentle voice called from the register.

We all kept walking around the store and saw nothing special. James was still smiling from ear to ear.

"What are you smiling about?" I asked him.

"You'll find out soon" was all he said.

We wandered to the back where I could hear someone welding tools behind the back curtain. James just walked towards it and pulled open the curtain.

"Excuse me, no one is allowed back here unless you are an authorized personal" the man said from behind a welding mask. He looked up and flicked the mask up.

"Hey, it's my boy!" The mans said in a mocking Italian accent. His curly hair stuck up in tufts. He ran at James and gave him a pat on the back.

"How's life going for ya, buddy?" He said.

"Great, 'uncle' Leo" James said, patting him back.

"Percy, Annabeth. How are they?"

"Good"

"Who are these people?" Leo asked gesturing towards us, "You know what, I'm gonna try to guess"

I could tell he was quite the jokester.

"Okay, you look like an Allison" he said pointing to Sadie, "Daughter of Athena"

"Ew, no. I'm Sadie, daughter of Aphrodite" Sadie said, shivering at the thought of what Leo said.

"Really, 'cause you're nothing like this one Aphrodite child I knew, sheesh. I have no words for that girl. All I can say is that she was nothing like a child of Aphrodite, well except for the charmspeak, but that's another story. Okay so you look like a Morgan" Leo said, looking at Megan, "Daughter of, I have no idea"

"Close, I'm Megan. Daughter of Aphrodite"

"Oh, I would have never guessed that. You look like a Merlyn" Leo said, looking at Dan "Son of Apollo"

"Nope. I'm Dan, Son of Iris"

"Oh really, got any cupcakes?" Leo asked with a smirk.

Dan rolled his eyes. Leo went onto the others until he got to me. He smile faded as he said "I'm drawing a blank at you"

"I'm Amanda Whitman. Daughter of Artemis" I said timidly.

I'm sorry that this chapter was cheesy, I'll try to make it better next chapter.