Olympus

The white marble stairs that looked solid and like clouds at the same time took my breath away. Single filed we all walked up as Annabeth explained how it all worked. We came to the gates that Annabeth made when she was chosen  to recreate Olympus after the 2nd Titian war. It was magnificent.

   It was a happy please with music and minor godlings running around. The streets were lined with apartment looking building and a large building loomed in the distance. As we neared the building, there was a statue of Queen Hera and Zeus, Lord of the Skies. I thought I saw a scowl on Annabeth's face when she looked at Hera's statue, but I wasn't sure.

   We went inside the building that turned out to be the Throne Room. There were 13 thrones. Madi told me that just recently they added Hades', the thirteenth throne.

   Behind the thrones were bleachers, for us to sit on. Each cabin had their own seat. All the thrones were empty, but I knew which one was which. The head two were Zeus and Hera's. Poseidon's was a fisherman's lounge chair. Hades was an eerie black with green and purple fire on the top and bottom. Hephaestus' had mechanical gears and levers that I didn't want to know what would happen if someone other than him say on it. Apollo's was gold and Artemis' silver. Demeter's was made of wheat and grain. There were a bunch more.

   A horn sounded, and the gods started walking in. Everyone knelt down, and bowed their heads. Lastly Zeus came in and took his throne.
"Sit" he boomed in a commanding tone.

   Everyone say back in their seats. Zeus had curly black hair and a beard. He was dressed in a suit. I was surprised, and so was Jess who next to me was whispering to Jamie about how he looked super different than she thought he would. I agreed. I thought he was going to have white hair and a toga on. I guess he was going for a more modern look.

   I think all the gods were doing the same, too. Poseidon was in a fraying fisherman's outfit. Aphrodite was in a fitting red dress. Artemis was in black jeans, a white shirt and a silver vest.
   "I call this meeting to order!" Zeus boomed.