The Hunters of Artemis

I slowly walked over to the door, coming up with an excuse in my head if someone was trying to hang out with me. I opened the glimmering door to a large group of girls in outfits similar to Artemis' back at Olympus.

"Um, can I help you" I asked, suddenly uncomfortable. It's not everyday you meet a group of well dressed teenaged girls.

"Oh my gods, it's really you! The girl squealed at the front. She had short black hair and looked about 15 or 16.

"Um, who are you guys. I mean girls?" I asked.

"We are the Hunters of Artemis" the girl said.

"Oh, hehe, Artemis mentioned you guys, nice to meet you"

"Yeah, Artemis told us that she had a daughter before she told the gods. She wanted us to meet you the day you came back. I'm Thalia" the girl said.

"Oh, Hi"? I said, "Are you guys sleeping here then?"

"Yep. Is that okay?" Thalia asked.

"Fine, yeah" I said. "Come in"

   The girls came in, and it looked like they had a system worked out. All the girls went to a bed and Thalia went to the bed in the middle of the right wall. I was afraid that I had taken someone's bed but there were a few empty beds, and no one came up to my bed anyways.

   I walked back to my bed and sat down on it. I didn't want anything to seem awkward, do I just put my back against the backboard of the bed and opened my Greek book. I didn't want them to think I was a loser who didn't have anything to do today. I pretended to be super engrossed in the book. And it was pretty interesting, just not super interesting.

"Do you want to do anything today? I mean with us, I can tell your not in the mood to talk to other campers" Thalia asked and she was right.

"How could you tell?" I asked.

"I'm a daughter of Zeus. I can understand" she said.

"Oh, um sure. What kind of things do you girls when you're here?"

"We normally hang out in the woods, but we go other places too. Like the animal pens and the commons"

"Cool, it doesn't really matter though. You guys can go ahead and do that"

"No way! What do you like to do here?"

"Um, for the two days I've been here, hide out in the cabin. But I guess I'd want to see the outer area of camp like the lake, and woods"

"Perfect, to the woods we go!" Thalia exclaimed.