Prince

"Oh" Leo replied awkwardly.

"Yeah, yeah let's just save the awkward talk and get to the point. Do you have anything that could help us across country?" I said dismissively.

"Uh, sure. What are you looking for? Dragons? Lions? Iguanas?"

"I thought this wasn't a pet store" I said.

"Didn't you read the sign, it says Mechanical Monsters" Leo said like everyone should know that, "Follow me, I'll show you where the hot stuff is. Other than me, of course"

   As we were walking towards a different room, Leo asked if the woman running the cashier could come too. Someone else took over the cash register, and the gorgeous woman came with us. She looked around the same age as Leo, and they seemed happier together. Leading me to think that they are married or whatever.

We all followed Leo and the woman to a door that said No Customers Allowed and underneath of that in Ancient Greek it said Unless You are a Demigod. We went in there and can I just say: Oh. My. Gods. It was like the future. The walls were pure white with high technology all around. A few demigods were milling around, but other than that it was quite empty.

"Calypso, can you go get some rope?" Leo asked the woman. She gave him a death stare and then he went off and got it himself.

"Sorry, I normally don't do that, but Leo can be annoying sometimes" the woman, Calypso, said.

"Do not insult my ability to be annoying, Sunshine. It's an art" Leo called from across the room.

Calypso sighed and rolled her eyes, fighting backs smile.

"So what do you guys need?" Calypso asked.

"Something that can bring us cross-country" I said.

"Well we have a self driving truck, but it's still in beta testing. We have every animal in robotics. A giraffe? A giant mouse?" Calypso offered.

"Uh, do you have a flying animal?" Madi asked.

"We have a dragon, and a vulture"

"Do you have any self-defending dragons?"

"We have a Queen, Princess, Prince, and King"

"Woah, you have a Prince" Dan gawked.

"What's a Prince?" I asked. Was it a Disney character or something?

"It's a legendary Dragon, one of the most powerful and destructive. The Princess, Queen, and King are pretty powerful too, but the Prince is the most powerful and loyal" Dan explained.

"Geek" Gabriella coughed.

"How do you have one?" Dan asked Leo, who was behind Calypso.

"It's mechanical, but it's just like the real thing" Leo said, "With a few bonuses"

"How much?" I asked, bracing for the impact of the cost. Nothing is scarier.

"Why do you guys need transportation anyways?" Leo questioned.

"Quest" I answered.

"Who's leading this quest?" Leo asked again.

"Me" I said shyly.

"Interesting, okay. How did you guys make it so far, without transportation?"

"We took a bus, then it broke down, we saw your shop and came in. Lucky us. And before you ask, we are on a quest to save the eternal flame, now what's the price?" MK asked impatiently.

"Fiery, I like that. Well it was a lot of drachmas, but it's a quest, and trust me I know how freaking annoying they are, so I'll give it to you for free" Leo said.

"Free?" I asked, bewildered.

"Yeah, I was part of the last Great Prophecy, I know how hard they are. Free"

"Wow, thanks so much. Like really, I'm speechless"

"Meh, no need to thank me. I get it a lot" Leo gloated.

"No you don't" Calypso snorted.

   They lead us outside and around the back. Leo got out the Prince and I was in shock. The humongous mechanical dragon was white with blue and red spikes on its back.

"It's self fixing, but if something goes wrong, call us up, and I'll  be there lighting quick!" Leo said.

We all climbed on the dragon's back. Dan sat upfront because he knew the most about the Prince. Then Gabriella because the knew all of the firing mechanisms. Madi because of her smarts and stuff. MK because, well I have no idea. Sadie, thenJames, then me, then Megan,and  Eric at the very end. There was still a lot of room towards the end because it was so big. The summer air was cold, the end of August was coming, and the crisp September air was starting to move in. The dragon was warm, though. It radiated heat.

"Okay, have fun! It controls itself. You will need to stop every once in a while to let him recharge. Good luck on the quest, SAVE THE WORLD!" Leo called after us. We lifted up in the air and started towards Michigan.