Restless

I slowly stood up, and walked forward. Then, I took off. I didn't look back, I just kept running. Tears came to my eyes as I slammed the cabin door open as I ran to my bunk.

Why me I thought why do I have to be the different one. I thought I would finally fit in for once.

   I hid under the covers and waited for the next day. It never came. I heard the rest of the cabin filing in, but I never came out of the covers. I heard Brady talking to other people about pulling my covers off, but they decided against it.

   After everyone was surly asleep, I pulled the covers off my head and tip toed toward the window. Looking up at the moon I thought about everything. I mean everything that happened. I couldn't fall asleep, but I think I dozed off in the window seat for a little.

   ********************************

   The next morning I woke up in the window. I saw everyone inside talking, so I tried to slip around them I was almost at my bed when...

"Hey sleepyhead, how are you?" Brady asked.

"Fine" I mumbled as I climbed into bed.
"Are you okay? can I-" Brady was cut off.

"Just stop please, I want to be alone" I said as I slid under the covers.

   The bell rang for breakfast. "I'm skipping" I said flatly to Brady before he could ask.

   The rest of the cabin went out as I curled under the covers.
After a half hour or so, I heard a knocking on the door. I took the covers off enough to see who it was.

James.

Great.

Why does everyone want to talk to me now?!

"Hey, I didn't see you at breakfast so I brought a little something" he said.

"I'm not really hungry" I said back.

He still brought the tray over. He put it on my bed, and started to the door.

"Thanks" I said.

"No prob" he replied.

I ate surprisingly well. I figured I had a long day, mine as well eat.