Explanation

After Zeus closed the meeting, all the gods and goddesses got to meet their children. It was really awkward when Artemis beaconed me over. Whe I got to her, I bowed. It seemed like the proper thing to do, right?

"No need for that. Ugh, I hate the rule Zeus implied for bowing and kneeling in gods' presence" Artemis told me.
I stood up and said hi.

"I know this might be awkward for you, but I took an older form so you weren't older looking than me. I normally look like a 12 year old, but I feel for you. Please, just think of me as your stepmom or something. I know it's hard"

"Oh, it's fine" I replied," Um, who's 'The One'?" I asked.

"Um... I guess you're ready for the truth. Come sit" she told me, and with a wave of her hand, 2 cushioned chairs appeared in front of her throne.

"This might take a while. Okay so where do I start? Amanda, do you know who Orion is?"

"Yeah, of course. It's one of my favorite myths. Some of your nymphs were playing in the field when a hunter, Orion ask them a question. They ran because they weren't allowed to talk to men. That asked for your help, and you turned them into stars. Then you met him, and you two had a lot of fun hunting and stuff. Apollo was worried that you'd break your oath of maiden hood. Because Orion was a descendant of Poseidon he spent a lot of time in the water. One day while he was in the water and you were on land, Apollo came up to you and challenged you to shoot the black dot in the water. Because you wanted to show him up, you did it and the tide brought the black thing to your feet. It turns out you shot Orion in the head. Even you couldn't bring him back to life, and... Oh. I'm sorry"

"It's fine," she sighed. Artemis stared far off before continuing. "But your father is a long lost descendant of Orion."

"Wait, so because my father is a mysterious descendant of your boyfriend, that means you can break your vow?"

"No, because there's more to it. Your father died in the 1800s. He was a hero, do he went to the paradise side of the Underworld. He decided to be reborn. When he was reborn, he still had his memories. No one knows why. We think that might have to with his death. Anyway, he died a hero again. And again. That was all it took to be able to go to Isilum. He was reborn again. You are only allowed to be reborn 3 times to be able to go to the full paradise of the Underworld. Hades let him be reborn. But this time, he came back more ghoulishly. He could teleport. He could become invisible at will. He was almost an urban legend. He was using it for the wrong reasons. That's why Zeus sent me to take over and have him stop. He still had his memories and said that he didn't want to be reborn the 4th time, but he was forced to. Your father wanted to do so many things wrong, so when he died he wouldn't have to go back to Isilum. So I stayed with him, and we fell in love. I secretly married him, and years later we had you. Ha, you could never guess he was the same man that I found. He dedicated his life to good, and most of all, you. Then, the day I went back, he remembered his fate and," she swooped her hand and my necklace came out of my orange camp shirt, "He put all his ghastly powers into this necklace. Of course it has limits because you are fully woman, not ghost, it can only be used with a certain object. He enchanted it to be used with moon light. My light. It's light shadow traveling, ask Eric about that. I can't tell you much more because you have to figure that out for yourself. Just so you know, you can date. You didn't chose to be my daughter, so it's fine. And also, just keep this little tid bit of information to yourself, I protected you front the monster in the park. It's forbidden for gods to interfere with their children, but I needed to claim you" she finished.

"Well then," I said standing up, " good to know. Um... Thanks, mom. For everything".

"No problem. My Hunters will be coming to camp to meet you. They are very nice and friendly, towards women. Not towards men. Just keep that in mind"

"Alrighty!"