daughter of hell 74

Depuis le début

"Although I am slightly impressed that you know which demon you are dealing with, I must correct you. He doesn't feed of pride. Only sophisticated demons with a certain grace have that special talent. Arrogance is the word you are looking for. And even if he did manage to escape his binds, you know with you being almost as much of a cocky prick as your royal toothiness over there, I am, as you pointed out earlier, a princess. And contrary to what you seem to think, I am a good monarch who has absolute control over her subjects. So screw you."

"And I can take care of myself." Seth spoke up, sounding very much like an immature child.

Ah, so that's why I like him.

"My liege." Jake nodded at Seth before throwing a dagger straight at Belias' heart.

Belias fell backwards with his hands tied behind his back. Black blood welled up from the wound in the middle of his chest.

Bingo! If his powers had been working there would have been absolutely no way that Jake's dagger could have hit his chest. Belias should have been able to deflect the little dagger. Or at least protect himself by a wall of fire.

I rushed towards him before Jake could strike again. My dad would lose it if I got the demon killed, accidently or not.

"Can you open a portal?" I asked.

"Snap out of it, you piece of shit. Can you open the portal?!" I shouted.

I twisted the blade deeper into his heart.

"Come on Belias. You tried so hard to scare me in Hell earlier today. What's holding you back now? Strike me you worthless bastard."

But he didn't react to my taunt. Had he really lost his powers?

To be sure I filled my hand with flames and slapped him across his left cheek. But I shouldn't have bothered, he didn't absorb the fire like should have.

Good thing the vampire couldn't survive in Hell or we'd all burn to dead, slowly since or physical strength was still much greater than a human's or a vampire's for that matter. Well everyone would burn except for me, since I obviously still wielded my powers with ease.

"I can't." The demon groaned.

"What the fuck did you do?" His voice broke in fear.

"Coward. Power isn't your only asset. Don't think your punishment will be over when you reach Hell." I spat.

I let Hell's fire leap around us to bring him home, let my father deal with the coward.

"I was right." I smirked.

"Right about what?" The confused vampire asked.

"About a lot of things, but in this case about you being all talk and Jake being a bit of a neurotic steel fetishist."

Which reminded me of how he had throw that blade with deadly accuracy. Too accurate for my taste. The troubled teen look and those big brown puppy eyes didn't usually give off the 'back off I am a dangerous motherfucker' vibe, but give the boy a blade and he looked downright scary. Right now I was glad his royal cockiness was standing besides me. A vampire with an affinity to steel.

Before I had assumed he must have been one of those vampires with an extra ability, like how Mr. Cocky next to me could neutralize a demon's and an angel's powers. No ordinary steel could pierce a demon's heart, not even a demon without his powers. A demon didn't have your ordinary blood pumping, fleshy heart like a human did. No, demons had an ugly greyish lump of diamond hard substance about the size of a small fist covered by the black goo we called our blood.