daughter of hell 19

sorry it took me so long this time,

but I wrote some more this time to make it up to you guys.

hope you like the story:D

Chapter:

"Heav'n hath no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd,

Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd."

- William Congreve

P.O.V. (Seth)

"I'm calling you a slut, if you hadn't figured it out."

She hissed at me, like an angry kitten. I didn't care if I had insulted her, she was a slut for being with Marcus, an hour after she had made out with me. I didn't like the way she could make me feel; so small, insecure and hurt. I felt like a bloody chick.

She surprised me again by drewing her sword. Without a moment of hesitation she went for a killing blow. I stood frozen in place, not understanding how my mere words could have evoked such an extreme reaction.

My eye caught the silver blood-groove of her sword and I knew that if it would pierce my heart, survival would be out of the question. I came from a strong breed but silver touching a vampire's heart spoke of certain dead. Funny how the only thing I thought right then was that she must know one hell of a weaponsmith. Forging a blood-groove was difficult, especially in her small, elegant sword. The blood-groove, that actually had nothing to do with blood, was forged onto a blade to form it into a flexible spine that reduces the weight and gives the sword more strength and flexibility.

I was going to die and here I was reciting my swordlessons.

Must be the shock.

The sent of rust and iron evaded my senses and I knew I wasn't going to die. Seconds later Luci's sword clashed against the floor, she was disarmed.

It was Jake's extra ability in combat: he could call upon iron and therefor disarm a man without having to draw his sword himself. I would have loved having an affinity to iron.

"Are you okay?" He asked like a worried mother. I shook my head in annoyance, he didn't need to mother me.

"Yeah, I think." I said while looking at Luci, who's pupils had dilated in awe at the strange way she had been disarmed.

I narrowed my eyes at Jake's arm, drapped across Luci's chest.

'What the hell did he think he was doing?' The illogical part of my brain made me yell.

"Get your hand of her, man!" I snarled.

"Why would I do that? Are you out of your mind? She tried to fucking kill you!"

I knew he had a point, but the only thing I saw at that moment was his arm, groping my mate.

"Get your hands of her. I'm not going to ask you again, Jake." I said in an icy voice.

Slowly Jake lowered the blade from my throat and pushed Luci away from him and me. He actually took a protective stand before me. I didn't need his protection, damnit.

Annoyed, I pushed Jake to the side and softly touched Luci's face and took her in my arms. I needed to be sure Jake hadn't hurt her. What had he been thinking? Holding a knife to her beautiful throat.

"Are you alright?" I asked in a worried voice.

I needed to hear the words from her. I needed her to say that she wasn't hurt.

"Did he hurt you? Just say he did and I'll gladly kill him."

"What's wrong with you? I don't get you? First you call me a slut, and now you're worried about me?"