daughter of hell 35

Short, short recap: =P

So Marcus is on schoolgrounds and Luci got threatened by another (powerful) demon.

P.O.V. (still Luci)

"Jow, Luce. You comming? I don't want to sound pushy but I got orders from the big boss to carry you if I have too. I think he's feeling guilty. You should take advantage of that while you can. Seth isn't know for being guilty about something. So"

He stopped mid sentence seeing I had company.

His gaze zeroed in on my hand resting on Marcus' cheek. I saw the little hamster in his brain picking up the tempo in his little wheelthingie and drawing it's own conclusions. He looked from me to Marcus. To Marcus and back again. Me, Marcus, Marus, me, me, Marcus, Marus, me, me, Marcus, Marcus, me. He kept this up for a while before he finally spoke.

"Seth's not going to like this."

Talk about an understatement. The cocky bastard was so possessive of me for absolutely no reason.

"Like I'd be interested in her like that." I heard Marcus say.

"What do you mean? Is there something wrong with me?" I asked in a fake hurt voice.

"You forget that I know you, Satanini. No guy in his right state of mind would want you after actually getting to know you." Marcus said catching on easely to my joke.

Nate, who didn't know me so well, didn't understand our joke and looked genuinely offended at my behalve.

I smiled.

I knew why I liked this guy.

"You should be so lucky to have a girl like Luce interested in you! In fact you should be honoured to even be allowed in her presence. Now beat it, before I make you."

Marcus threw me an amused smile, saying: 'is this guy for real?'

Normally I would have laughed right along with him, since Marcus possessed a great deal of power and some pretty amazing muscles. But he apparently had forgotten he had lost his powers the minute he entered schoolgrounds and that even his imperessive biceps would be to no use against Nate's vampirestrenght.

I shook my head slightly to indicate that he was making a mistake.

The stupid, slow boy looked confused.

I saw he was going to make a fatal error and intervened before things got out of hand.

"Marcus, Nate my roommate. Nate this is Marcus, my best friend who'd I never think about in any other context. Don't make me puke by implying it."

Marcus slung his arm over my shoulder and kissed the top of my head. Nate tensed.

"No power." I whispered in his ear.

Understanding washed over him and left his expression in a big 'OH'-like expression.

"Marcus needs to go now." I said.

"Maybe I should escort him towards his car. This is no place for a puny human after all."

I saw Marcus narrow his eyes on Nate. I could praticly hear him screaming: 'You just wait till I get my power back.'

I shook my head.

"Machos." I muttered.

"You should all get an oestrogenic shot to balance out all that testosterone. No modern girl likes an alpha male."

"How come all those romance books are so popular then?"

"First: it is so wrong that you know what romance books are about.