Maybe he hasn't betrayed us.

Maybe this is all an act.

Maybe he'll just take me in a car and drive me away from all this.

Maybe...

"You're travelling with us" says the cold faced Commander, marching up beside Cal "Need to keep an eye on you both."

He gives Cal a studious look then heads over to a red Ferrari parked at the very front of the lot. A stern looking blonde girl walks beside him. She points a key at the car and two side doors slide upwards. They climb inside.

Cal marches me towards it.

"Get in" he says.

His face is hard.

The hope is gone.

I look around frantically – trying to determine if there's any way to escape.

The cupids are still making their way up the hill; the ones who have reached the top climbing into the cars surrounding us.

There's too many of them.

I bring my gaze up to meet Cal's. We stare at each other a moment, the angles on his face tensed.

"Please Lila" he says "Just get in the car."

I stare at him for another moment then sigh.

I have no choice.

I turn around and climb into the back. Cal gets in beside me.

The doors close and the female agent starts the engine.

It's then that if finally hits me.

This is it.

They're taking me to Venus. They're really taking me.

My heartbeat races as I try to swallow my panic.

What will she do to me?

Then the car accelerates, spins around, and hurtles down the other side of the hill.

***

We must have been travelling for around forty minutes when we approach the road adjacent to the Matchmaking Service. My breathing quickens and I hold onto my hand to stop it from shaking.

We're almost there.

Oh God.

No-one has spoken during the journey, and Cal sits rigidly beside me. He hasn't looked at me once.

Twisting around in my seat I take a glance out of the rear window – wondering if there is any chance of running away when we get out.

The stream of expensive cars still follows us.

I take a deep breath and try to distract myself from my increasing panic.

Glancing at Cal I internally plead with him to look at me, to help me.

He stares straight ahead. His lips tightly pressed and his jaw clenched.

Moments later the female agent presses a button on the dashboard and the pavement just ahead slides open. She manoeuvres the car straight through the opening and we drive down a ramp into a large garage space. From our location I'm guessing we're just below Cupids Matchmaking Service.

The girl parks the Ferrari in a space marked Priority Parking by a small entrance in the wall. Then she opens the car doors.

"Thank you Claire" says the Commander.