Chapter 61

An Extract from the Company Policy

1. On being hit by the cupids' arrow you hereby enter the service of the Founder indefinitely. 

On entering the service, you will make matches to serve the almighty power of the Founder –though let it be noted that from time to time - your duties may fall outside of this remit.

(Other duties may include sacrifice, arson, theft, battle, protection, guarding, cleaning, general maintenance, chauffeuring, and any other such tasks which may fall under the remit of serving the Founder)

2. On joining the service you will hereby surrender your former identity – including severing ties with family members, friends and partners – to focus your attention solely on the tasks cited in rule 1. You will have no contact, under any circumstances, with past loved ones.

3. You may be forced to relocate to one of the many global Matchmaking branches to wholly fulfil rule 2 - on doing so you will be privy to our relocation package including a new home, and your own personal cupid mentor.

4. You will master the art of the bow and arrow in order to excel in the duties cited in rule 1.

5. You may not, under any circumstance, date while in service of the Founder.

6. NO CUPID MUST EVER BE MATCHED.

On adhering to the rules of the company policy you shall be rewarded with a benefits package including; eternal youth, beauty, strength, wealth, and a company car.

Any breakage of the rules will result in the return of the Founder herself where she will take back position as CEO of the Cupids Matchmaking Service.

Any rule breakers will be put up for trial and punished most severely.

Signed: Venus, Founder and Goddess