Chapter 21: Potentially Hypothermic

Start from the beginning

"Maybe I did." He looked away from me as more tears formed in his eyes.

"Liam." I placed my hand on his cheek and caress it. "You didn't. And while the last few hours haven't been your best, this isn't the way to fix it." A small tear rolled down his cheek and I wiped it off before he could even lift his arm to wipe it with the back of his hand. "She's going to find out, and it's not gonna hurt any less coming from you." He sadly nodded but quickly raised his head in surprise. "What?"

"It's Hayden." He said with an accelerated pulse. "It's her scent. She's here."

"Liam, you held her body in your arms." I said as he looked for her behind me. "You-you watched Parrish carry her out of the hospital. We both did." He looked at me and his heart skipped a beat. "She's gone."

I felt really bad for reminding him that, but he needs to realize. He needs to understand. And I know he was thinking to go and tell Val about Hayden right now.

"Come on." I held his hand. "Let's go."

-

"I don't know why Parrish told me to get here." I sighed as I leaned on the wall behind me. Liam was silence all the time, and I was as tired as him so I didn't talk either. I looked at the clock, we had been here for five minutes and there was no sight of Parrish. I was about to ask Liam for his phone to text anyone so we could get a clue about what is going on, when someone came in the hospital.

"Help! Get someone to help me." He yelled. "Quick. I need help." Parrish yelled. "I've got an 18-year-old female, potentially hypothermic."

I got disorientated when I heard his last words. I looked for him, begging he wasn't talking about Lydia.

I saw them. The nurses placing Lydia's body on a gurney. I saw them taking my sister away. I saw her face. Her pale, motionless, expressionless face, looking just like she was dead. And maybe it was too late. Maybe she was dead.

I couldn't feel my legs but I started running. I felt like they were going to fail me and I was going to fall.

"Lydia..." I couldn't hear my own voice. "Lydia. Lydia!" The distance between us was growing with every second. "No! Lydia!" I felt someone holding me back. They were taking my sister away. "Let me Go! Lydia!"

I managed to get away from Parrish but she was already gone. "What happened to her?"

"Kelsey, please calm down." Liam said getting closer to me.

"No! I need to go with Lydia." I knew tears were falling down my face.

"We don't know what happened to her, okay? But she's going to be alright." Parrish calmly said. "They are going to test her now, you'll see her soon."

"Kelsey, please." Liam knew I wasn't calming down. "Stay."

-

Time was passing by and I hadn't heard anything from Lydia. We had been waiting in the hallway for a long time. Liam was sitting on a chair and I was sitting on him. He was holding my hands because they were too shaky and I felt really thankful for that.

"Kelsey." I heard Stiles and I immediately searched for him. We walked towards me and I quickly hugged him.

"I heard about your dad." I said into his chest.

"I heard about Lydia." He replied and we pulled away. "Your mother is here and you can visit Lydia now."

I didn't answer I just nodded and followed him. I thought Liam was following us, but I was wrong. He stayed on the chair, with no expression on his face.

"Everything's going to be all right, Lydia." I heard mom talking to her from outside the hospital room. "We're going to get you the best medical care. The best doctors. The best everything."

The door wasn't fully closed and I pushed it to get in. Mom turned to us and got up from her seat next to Lydia.

"No." She said looking at Stiles. "No, you don't. You're not coming in here."

"Mom..."

"Get out!" She ignored me.

"Just wait, wait." Stiles tried to get closer to Lydia but mom blocked him. "I think I know who did this, okay. I just need to look at the back of her neck."

"I know who did this." She her tone was raising. "You." She pushed Stiles. "All of you!" She pushed him again.

"Mom!" I tried to call her attention as tears formed in my eyes.

"Get out!"

"Mom, please." She looked at me like she hadn't ever seen me. Like she didn't know me.

"You just gotta listen to me." Stiles insisted. "You just gotta check the back"

"Just get out!" She pushed Stiles out of the room and kept ignoring me.

"Just check the back of her neck."

"Out!"

She closed the door right in front of us. I just stood there, in shock, and looked at Stiles. I couldn't believe what had just happen. How could my own mother look to me like that? How could she?

I never broke eye contact with Stiles.

We were standing there, hurt and in shock by my mother's words.

__________________________________________________________________________

Okaaay, so 1st chapter of part B!!!! 

It has been soooo long, I missed this so much :)

Next chapter is going to be longer and more important ;) ;) ;) 

Remember, there's a new trailer I made for this second part (it is on the media)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if so please vote/comment!

I'll update again this week :) 

Byee > Alba