Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

"I can't."I replied in a sob. I'd cringe at my voice right now if I heard it on some playback recording. I seriously sounded so much more unattractive than before.

After about thirty more reassuring expressions and forceful encouragement my mother finally got me to explain. I drafted out the unbearable parts like where he had cursed because believe it or not, my mother was against such things and had this good boy perception of Justin.

By the end of it, she had that puss in the boots puppy look in her eyes which made me sick. The last thing I needed was her pity. I wanted her to be dead pissed with Justin yet all her attention was placed towards me and making me feel better. She spent the entire night asking me what I wanted, if I'd like hot chocolate or any thing of that sort. She offered her kind words and left me to be which I was thankful for once I stepped foot into my room. Sadly when I got there, I was shaken with my phone's ringtone. He was trying to get into contact, and I scrolled through all his hysterical texts that made my heart swoop with hurt.

I took a long shower that night and just contemplated really. On how I was stupid not to see the warning signs. Yeah, people change blah blah and all that shit but after all he had hurt me once. Why not again? I slowly went over the conversation we had and scary enough it was vivid as a spring day to me. Was that creepy..? I'm sure he only remembered the end where I practically disconnected our call. That was my problem. I cared too much, gave my heart away too willingly and I most definitely gave too much chances. I always knew he wasn't picture perfect as his beliebers plotted him out to be. He had his flaws, he could annoy the heck out of any one, he could do things and act so impulsively sometimes it was almost unbelievable and most of all, he most definitely wasn't the boy he was on camera. He was a human being making mistakes most of which are to this day repetitive; exhibit A my current predicament. But I guess, knowing all of this, I didn't see these signs. I mean what drove him to do this? Damn, I wasn't good at this at all. After all, I hadn't really dated much. .Did I overreact? Damn, hell no I didn't.

At that moment, I heard the phone in my room ring. I closed my eyes tightly and sunk in deeper into the soapy foam, some of my matted hair practically taping themselves to my forehead. I continued to listen to the rings and sighed when it ended only to hear a moment later, his voice.

"Lauren, "

My eyes snapped open and a pain ran through my chest to the point I thought I'd pull a Demi Lovato and experience a heart attack.

He honestly sounded much different..It sounded more than torn, and honestly it had an effect on me but I quickly dismissed of it. He deserved it, didn't he?

"I hope you hear this, if not I'll still continue talking.."

I balled my fists and sighed cringing. He sounded so hoarse and helpless and downright heartbroken. I reprimanded myself quickly.

"I need you to hear my side of the story..I know you're probably..tired of hearing that shitty line but I need you to just listen. "

He took in a heavy breath.

I exhaled deeply.

"I was drunk in that video..And I knew it...Maya didn't drug me this time, I take full responsibility for the shit I did. And it was a dare from the cast ; who were intoxicated also, and I swear..."

My heart constricted.

"..if I wasn't drunk, I would have never hurt you like that Laur. It was a stupid thing to do."

A tear slid down the length of my face.

At that moment, unconsciously my hand slid out the shower curtain and managed to come into contact with the stand. The sounds of the crashes of all the useless items I had placed there resonated loudly. Great, he had to hear that hinting to him that I was indeed in the room listening.