Shades of green

Zosia's POV
'Good morning' I walk over to the desk and sit in the opposite chair to Ollie. Who is still sat in my seat.
'Coffee' he extends his arm handing me a takeaway coffee. He smiles and grabs his. Just as I'm about to sip it jac takes both mine and ollie's cup and throws them into the bin, saying nothing she leaves. Ollie spins round and pulls out two more coffees, he hands me one.
'Wait so you bought four coffees?' I laugh.
'No, the first ones was water.' I look at him confused.
'So you gave me water? Why?'
'Jac takes my coffee every morning. Now she takes water and I have my coffee' I smile.
'That's very smart doctor Valentine.' I spin round and log into my computer.
Username -DocMarch
Password- surgery145
Yes I know the passwords lame, but I do love surgery. Ollie pulls the chair beside me.
'So what's the patient today.' He reads through the sheet next to me.
'Gangrene patient, nasty.' I look at Ollie, he pulls the same face every doctor does when a patient like this arrives. The look of disgust.
'Well good luck with that' he taps my shoulder.
Jac comes steaming round the corner.
'Ok, patient info for today?' We both stand up.
'Well I'm working on a patient with' I look at Ollie.
'Gangrene' he finishes.
'And Mr Valentine has kindly agreed to...'
'Assist on the procedure' Ollie finishes my sentence again.
'That's nice that you're both getting on and finishing each other sentence, but can we get some work done.' We both automatically move and head to the room. Jac nailer is one nerve-racking person.
'Thankyou' Ollie sarcastically smiles.
'Your welcome' I open the curtains.
'O God' Ollie murmurs. His whole leg is green and mangy. I swallow.
'Hello Mr Nickels, I'm doctor March and..'
'I'm doctor Valentine'
'So we are going to have to amputate your leg'
'Statistics?' He glares at me.
'Around 1,000 procedures take place with zero complications'
'And doctor March and I are your best chance for an easy operation.'
'How many have you performed?' I look at Ollie, not knowing much about him.
'About 5...'
'And how many where successful?'
'All of them' Ollie smirks, so smug I shake my head at him.
'And you doctor March?' He sits up in the bed.
'None as yet, you are my first.' I glance at Ollie.
'So..' He looks panicked.
'But I will be there to guide her through the procedure' he smiles at me.
'Honestly Mr Nickels you have nothing to worry about' I say reassuringly. Ollie hands him a consent form and we leave the room.
'Biscuit break?' Ollie says walking to the staff room. In the staff room there is one couch and two blue chairs, a small kitchen and a table. I sit at the table, Ollie walks over to the cupboard. He rummages through the biscuits.
'We have; custard creams, ginger biscuits and burbons?' He spins round.

Ollie's POV
I spin round holding several packs of biscuits in my hand.
'Ginger biscuits? Never tried them.' She smiles.
'Ok, try one!' I open the packet. And hand her one, I lean on the table. She pulls a face then smiles.
'They are lovely...' I tip a few biscuits onto a plate the place them on the table. I sit across from her.
'So any questions about amputation?' I bite into a biscuit but don't break eye contact with her.
'No not really, I'm just excited to be back in surgery.'
'What happened to you? They never mentioned you.' The smile disappears from her face. She bites half a biscuit then stands up.
'Biscuit times over.' She walks over to the door. I don't bother to run after her, if she wants to tell me she will. I glad that I finally have a friend on the ward.

Zosia's POV
I was wrong to storm out the room on Ollie, he's my friend and he deserves to know. I check the theatre slot, it's free now. I go over to Mr Nickels bedside and collect his conceit form.
'Well take you through in a moment.'
'Where is Mr Valentine?'
'I'm here' Ollie walks in I leave the room to slot the conceit form in pile.

Ollie's POV
I start pushing Mr Nickels to the theatre. I walk past zosia, she's on the phone.
'Is she capable of doing this?' He looks up at me.
'Best that I know.'
'Is she your girlfriend?' I look at him.
'Of course not, it would be like dating my best friend.'
'O I'm sorry' he smirks. Zosia comes running over.

The operating table.

Zosia's POV
Ollie makes a small incision on the top right thigh. He uses a large silver curved knife to disconnect each side of the bone.
'It was bipolar..' He looks up.
'I had bipolar'
'I'm sorry.' He smiles at me, I look back a the leg.
'Ollie, where losing a lot of blood.'
'Quick suction.' I grab the pipe and try to conceal the blood. If where not quick this patient could bleed to death on the operating table. Ollie quickly detaches the leg and I begin sawing. The blood eases and I clean the resulting wound. I look at Ollie and nod.
'Good job doctor March.'
'Why Thankyou Doctor Valentine'

3hrs later
I'm sat at the desk. Watching the clock, the ward has been very quiet today and I can't wait to go home. Jac comes over.
'How did surgery go?'
'Yes it went ok.'
'Ok?'
Ollie walks in.
'Surgery went great Mrs nailer, zosia did great.' He smiles. I smile back
'Keep it up March' she leaves.
'Thankyou.' I feel as though jac is waiting for me to slip up and a soon as I do. I guess I'll lose my job.
Finally, time to go home. I stand up to go get changed. Ollie walks into the changing room after me and goes to his locker. He takes his top of an swaps it for a pink shirt. I snigger.
'What?'
'Pink really?'
'You don't like it?' I don't reply, he rolls his eyes then changes it again to a blue checkered shirt.
'See you tomorrow Ollie.' I head towards the door.
'Wait zosia, do you want to come for a drink?' He looks at me. I think about how much I've wanted to go home all day.
'You know what, sure.'
I must say me and Ollie Valentine make a great team here on Darwin's ward.