I would never adjust to the busyness of it all. So many people scrambling around in the hallways- security guards, caterers, hair and makeup artists, and people from the venue organizing things. 

I recognized my squad in the hair and makeup room like usual. 

"Hey guys," I said as I walked through the open door. All the heads turned around to look at me, and I saw Lou, Lux, and Lottie's faces begin to smile. 

"Alyssa!" Lou said. "How are you?" I gave hugs, and everybody was so anxious to see Owen. 

"I'm doing pretty well, how are you?" I asked in return, pulling away from the hug. 

"Always fun to be back in the states," Lou said. "It must be nice for you, not having to put up with all British accents all the time."

I giggled. "I don't mind."

She pulled up a seat for me and she finished organizing her brushes. 

"Hi Lyssa!" Lux said, running up to me for a hug.

"Hey there, Lux," I said, pulling her up on my lap so I could hear her better. Being the daughter of a stylist, she always looked beautiful. 

"It's funny," I began. "I kind of miss being pregnant and telling people that it was Niall's baby and watching their reactions."

Lottie laughed. "Like mine?"

"Yes," I said. "Yours was especially surprising." It made me think of Melissa, and I automatically flushed her out of my brain. 

"Everybody who needs to know right now knows," I added. "There's no need for any surprises."

"You must be getting ready to make the big announcement soon, am I right?" Lou asked, fixing her eye make-up in the mirror. 

"Only three more weeks," I said.

I went into all the detail of how Niall and I had been together for a full year and how excited I was to finally get all of it off my chest. 

About halfway through, Niall and Harry came in the room to get their hair and make-up styled, and Harry was stunned to see me and Owen. 

We exchanged the same greetings that I did with Lou and Lottie. 

"Big O!" Harry said when he saw Owen.

"What did he just say?" I asked, confused. 

"That's what Harry's been calling Owen lately," Niall said. "Every time I show Harry a picture that you sent me, he asks how 'Big O' is doing."

Niall looked over at Harry, who didn't say anything. Harry just shrugged. 

I began to laugh. "I like it," I told Harry. 

"I think it's very original," Niall joined in. "Just don't go and start calling me Big N and Alyssa Big A."

Harry cracked a smile, and then sat down across from a mirror so that Lou could get him all ready. 

Harry's hair was getting so long that Lou barely even bothered to do anything to it. "What's the point," she said when I asked her. 

"You could always straighten it," I said. 

"Or you could braid it," Niall said. 

"Niall, you've seen me with straight hair," Harry said. "It's not pretty."

"Don't you want to go for a change?" Niall asked, walking over to Harry and looking at him in the mirror. 

"I think you should shave half of it," I suggested from the back.