Chapter Thirty Five

Ezra's POV

I hit the road as soon as I put gas in the car. I turned on the stereo and turned it up really loud. I sang along like no one was watching even though I was probably being judged by many other drivers. But oh well, who cares? I was so happy to be going home to my future wife. Although, it would probably take me hours.

After about 2 hours of driving, I pulled into a service station so I could get out and stretch my legs and get some fresh air. I walked around for about 15 minutes before getting back in the car and getting back on the road. It was beginning to get dark and my eyes were becoming fuzzy, but I wanted to get home tonight, so I wasn't going to stop.

I heard my phone buzz in the passenger seat.

"No Ezra, resist the urge." I told myself.

It could be Aria. What if Aria is in danger and she can't call someone for help so her first instinct was to text me? I'd need to call someone to help her.

I picked up the phone and read the text message while glancing back at the road at every second. Okay, she was safe. But it made me smile at how much she is happy about our engagement. I was excited too. I couldn't wait to call her my wife.

I got so distracted by this I didn't see what was coming in front of me. It all happened so quickly, I couldn't move. The car was flipping upside down and sliding down the highway. I was unconscious and could barely breathe.