Chapter Seventeen

I couldn't believe what Ezra has just told me. I sat there for a few minutes trying to figure out if the accusations Ezra had just made could possibly be true.

"Aria, I'm sorry." he said trying to look directly into my eyes. I avoided eye contact with him and continued trying to process things.

"It wasn't your fault, I just need time to think about what to do next." I told him as got up and went to the bedroom.

"Wait."

I ignored him and just carried on walking. I sat down on the bed and just stared at the floor. I knew it wasn't Ezra's fault and I didn't want him to feel like it was, but I just couldn't believe that my brother would attack him. Why would Mike want to hurt Ezra? Well, there could be some reason but not enough to break his leg and hurt him so much he needs stitches. But that would not explain the text I got from -A afterwards either. Mike couldn't be -A. Mike was my baby brother. Well he isn't literally a baby, but why would my little brother want to hurt me and my friends? I couldn't believe it. I felt so selfish. Ezra was the one who had been physically attacked and I'm inhere thinking about how it has affected me. But what about the baby? I don't want to bring our baby into a world where he or she could be in danger. In just a few weeks we would be finding out if the baby is a boy or a girl. I hope for a girl and Ezra hoped for a boy. But we would be happy either way. If we knew the baby would be safe. I think deep down Ezra knows that no matter how far away from Rosewood we go, -A will always be there in the back of our minds.

I walked back to where Ezra was sitting.

"I should have told you, I'm sorry." Ezra said as soon as I sat back down next to him.

"No, I understand why you didn't tell me. It's okay." I told him. "You needed time to process,"

Ezra just nodded.

We sat there in an awkward silence for 5 minutes. We spent the rest of the day led in bed watching movies and eating a tonne of room service meals. But both of us knew that no matter how much we tried to make our problems go away, they wouldn't.

I looked at the time. It read 7:43pm. Which means it was 8:43 in Rosewood. Ezra was asleep and completely forgot to call my mom.

I picked up my phone and called her; a shiver ran through me as I heard the dial tone. Finally she answered.

"Mom?"

"Oh my God! Aria! I thought something had happened to you. You said you'd call me. Where are you? Are you safe? What's happening? Are you with Ezra?"

"Mom calm down, I'm sorry I didn't call you. It's been a long day..I can't tell you where I am. It could be dangerous. I am safe and I'm with Ezra. He's asleep at the moment."

"Aria please tell me where you are," mom said. I could hear begin to cry gently.

"I can't mom, I'm sorry. But I'm safe and I love you. Tell dad I love him."

"But Aria-"

"I have to go mom."

"What about your brother, do you have anything to say to your brother?"

"I love you mom. Bye,"

I hung up the phone before she could say anything else. I went to ay back down on the bed and found Ezra awake on the bed.

"We will be okay Aria." he said.

As soon as he said that my phone bleeped.

'Sure, everything will be perfectly fine. In Detroit. If you thought I wouldn't figure out where you are then you were wrong. Maybe we will see each other again soon. Just one last thing, where's Ezra?

Kisses,

-A xoxo'

I looked up and Ezra was gone.