Chapter Sixteen

When I woke up Ezra was sat up in bed just watching his hands fidget in his lap. I was still lying down but I had turned to face him. I don't think he realised I had woken up so I gently put my hand on his shoulder, giving him a slight nudge. He was startled and he began breathing heavily. I don't think he had noticed until recently, but he's been very jumpy since he was attacked. To begin with he would just get slightly startled if you surprised him, but now his breathing becomes uncontrollable and he becomes very scared. I think I should take him back to the doctor before we do anymore travelling or discuss anything else.

"Ezra. Ezra, calm down. It's okay, It's only me. Look at me Ezra. Deep breaths okay?" I said to him in an attempt to try and calm him down.

He looked into my eyes with tears beginning to fall from them. I sat up and hugged him until he was ready to let go. Which wasn't for about 10 minutes. In my mind I was trying so hard to figure out what was wrong with him. Ezra rarely cries, and when he does it has to be over something huge. Ezra released his arms from my waist and wiped away the tears from his now red and puffy face.

"Aria, I'm sorry." Ezra said in a soft but croaky voice.

"Sorry for what? Ezra don't say that, everything is going to be okay, remember? Everything you said in the car about being away from -A and having no more bad things ever happening to us? We're getting our happy ending." I told him.

"You're right, I'm just being silly." Ezra let out a slight laugh.

"No you're not, everyone has times like this, it's normal. Okay, so just lay back and relax . How long have you been awake?"

"I didn't go to sleep."

"But you fell asleep before I did?"

"What can I say I'm a great actor," he said, with a grin on his face.

"Well, I'm going to get room service to bring up some breakfast, but in the meantime, you need to get some sleep!"

I climbed out of bed, neatly tucking my side of the quilt under the mattress. I walked round to Ezra's side and tucked him into bed just as if he was a child.

"Goodnight mom,"

"Shut up, go to sleep," I said, laughing.

"Oh, I'd love to see you tucking our child into bed. They'll say 'goodnight mommy' and you'll just reply with 'shut up and go to sleep'"

"Hey! You won't exactly be the nice parent who says' goodnight my dear child, I hope you get a good night's rest.'"

"I'll be a lot nicer than you!" Ezra said still laughing.

"Fine, goodnight, I hope the bed bugs bite." I smiled, kissed him on the forehead and walked away. I could still hear him laughing quietly.

I went to sit in the lounge before ordering breakfast. I put on the T.V and led on the couch. I didn't realise how fast the time had gone, and I hadn't even ordered breakfast, when 3 hours later, Ezra came strolling into the living room. His face was tear- stained and he was shaking. I got up and led him over to the couch. I tried to calm him down by getting him a glass of water and telling him to calm down and breathe slowly. wasn't much help when it came to breathing exercises or calming people down. Normally, I'm the one freaking out. I sat back down and Ezra grabbed my wrist.

"Aria, I have something to tell you."

I let out a slight chuckle but I was actually quite scared. "What..What is it, Ezra?"

"The night I was attacked..."

"Yea?"

"I, uh, I know who attacked me. But I didn't want to say because I was too scared and I thought you would get angry and I thought you'd get stressed and I don't want you to get stressed because if you get stressed then that causes harm to the baby and I'm just so scared Aria." Ezra explained to me without taking a second for air.

"Ezra, you know you can tell me anything, right? I wouldn't get angry with you. Who was it?"

"It was.."