Chapter Six

I went downstairs where my father was waiting for me on the couch.

"Aria? Your mom says you have something to tell me." he says, sounding confused.

"I think she has something to tell you too," I say, looking over at my mom.

"What do you mean?" He says.

"Mom kicked me out."

My dad stood up and looked over at my mom who raised her eyebrows. He looked back at me.

"Why?" he asked.

"I-I'm pregnant."

He sat there and looked at me with disappointment. I at least thought everyone would be at least a little supportive. I packed a bag for the night, I'd come back to get my clothes tomorrow, I thought I'd ask Emily if I could stay the night at her house,she was the only one of the girls who knew and she is the only one who has actually been there for me since she found out. Whilst on my way to Emily's I texted Ezra:

'My parents kicked me out. Heading over to Emily's. Might be able to stay there but I have nowhere to go after that. I want to tell my parents the truth. If you'll come with me. Please don't be mad, I love you.

-Aria'

I arrived outside of Emily's house and when my phone bleeped.

'Pregnant and homeless? Too bad.

-A'

I knocked on Emily's door and her mom answered.

"Hi Pam. Is Emily home?" I asked.

"No, sorry Aria, can I take a message?" She said.

"No it's okay thanks, can you just tell her I stopped by?" I couldn't say anything else before tears started to crawl down my face. "I'm sorry, I'll go."

I started walking down the steps before Pam said:

"Aria? Aria? What's the matter?"

"It's nothing really, I have to go, bye."

I ran down the street still crying. I got to the end of the street before I noticed Caleb walking up on the other side of the road. He saw me on the other side and ran over.

"Aria, what's wrong? He said.

"Nothing," I say as I wipe away my tears.

"Okay, well I'm heading to Hanna's if you want to come?"

"No thank you, I'm just going for a walk." I try to smile but it fails.

He walks off and I carry on on my walk.

I walk to the end of the street and I stop. As I much as I hate to say it, -A was right this time.

I was pregnant, and homeless.

I sat on the kerb for a bit before hearing my phone bleep. It was Ezra.

'I'm at my apartment if you need me, I wasn't mad. Just shocked. Needed space for a bit. You can come back to my apartment if you want. I'm sorry about your parents. You can stay at mine as long as you need, how many of your friends know? I love you so much. Don't be scared. Do you need me to pick you up from anywhere?

-Ezra x'

As I looked at that text, tears started to stream down my face. I faintly smiled and texted him back:

'Emily wasn't home, so I'll come to your apartment. Emily is the only one who knows, she came to get the tests with me the day before I went to the doctor. I'm sorry I told her first. I'll walk to your apartment. I love you.

-Aria x'

I walked to Ezra's apartment and knocked on the door. As soon as he opened it I burst into tears.

"Ezra, I am so sorry." I said to him as tears curved their way around my cheekbones.

"Hey, hey, don't apologise, I will always be here for you, we will do this together; with or without our families. You want to know why? Because I love you. I will never stop loving you." he said to me in his soft, gentle tone.

I wiped away my tears and cupped his jaw in my hands, I kissed him gently an he kissed back. He lifted me up carefully and carried me into his apartment. He put me down on his couch and cuddled me into him. It reminded me of that night. His cushiony chest on top of me as he kissed the sensitive part of my neck and I kissed his shoulders and held onto his back. I was getting so lost in my thoughts of how Ezra's kind hands felt so nice on my fragile body that I fell asleep in his arms. Little did I know that he fell asleep with his head resting on top of mine and his arms cradled around me. I felt so safe. So secure.