Chapter Twenty Seven

Ezra's POV

"Why what's happened? Is she okay?" I say in a panic.

"It's the baby, you need to go down," Byron tells me.

I walk past Byron with a confused face and went back down where I see Aria with tears streaming down her face. They weren't sad tears, they were happy tears. I saw her holding a white blanket that was still and not moving. I put one arm around Aria and another around the blanket. A tear fell down my face. We were both looking at our baby girl who we would never see grow up.

"She's beautiful," I say.

"She has your hair," Aria says with a chuckle.

We spent a few minutes alone with our daughter and took some pictures. I wish we could take her home but we couldn't tearing me apart inside and couldn't begin to imagine what it was doing to Aria. All I could do was comfort her the best I could and let her know that I would be there for her.
Then the time came where the nurse had to come and take the baby away.
"Does she have a name?" The nurse asked.
I looked down at Aria and she looked up at me. "Brooklyn." I suggested.
Aria smiled so I knew she approved.
"Yea, Brooklyn," I heard Aria say. "Brooklyn Fitz."
"That's a beautiful name," the nurse says as she turns around takes her out of the cubicle.
Aria began to cry, it was a soft cry that I could barely hear. I kept my arm around her to comfort her and kissed the top of her head. Aria was clinging onto my arm with one hand as she wiped away her tears with the other. A doctor came in to speak to Aria.
"You can go home when you are ready, we are extremely sorry for your loss." He says.
"Thank you," Aria whispers.
I begin to pack up Aria's things as she gets dressed. We leave the hospital hand in hand.
"She wasn't due for another 4 months," I hear Aria say. I look at her and see another tear escape her eye.
I put everything down and wrap my arms tightly around her and she wraps her arms around me.
"I know, right now we need to focus on getting you home to rest. Things won't get better straight away, but they will with time, okay?" I say.
"I know," She says. "Ezra?" Aria looks up at me, her head still on my chest.
"Yea?"
"I love you."
"I love you too,"
I feel her arms become lose around me as she let's go to carry on walking. I release her and pick up her stuff. Byron had left 20 minutes ago to go and get their car. Just as we were walking out of the hospital Byron showed up. Me, Aria and Mike were in the back and Ella and Byron were in the front. This is not how I imagined us leaving the hospital after having our baby. But it's all about moving forward right? On the journey home no one said anything.
When we arrived outside the Montgomery house we all got out the car and slowly went into the house.
We all stood in the living room in silence until Ella said,
"Ezra I think you should go, go clear your head, go home, have a shower, clean yourself up,"
"Mom, I want him to stay," Aria said.
"With all due respects Mrs Montgomery, I'd rather stay with Aria right now," I told her.
"Okay," Ella says.
Byron doesn't say anything, he just stands there.
Aria leaves my side to go hug her mom and dad. When they let her go we both go upstairs to Aria's bedroom. Where we are greeted with barely any of Aria's belongings. We had completely forgotten about the hotel room in Detroit. Both our versions of the first ultrasound are in that room. We both decided to rest tonight and then drive to Detroit tomorrow.