Chapter Thirty One

It must have taken a long time for Aria to convince her parents to let her out of their sight. Also, I'm guessing Spencer needed to leave and they had to say their goodbyes. But for now, I wanted it just to be me and Aria. In our own space. I put some blankets on the sofa and made hot chocolate. Who says hot chocolate is only for night time right? I made some popcorn and set it on the table. I picked out a few movies and put them next to the popcorn.

I heard a knock at the door and thought it must be Aria. I opened the door to see Aria and Ella.

"My mom thought it would be a good idea to make sure I was safe and with you before she left," Aria said, her eyes widened at the thought of not being trusted by her parents.

"I think I have my reasons Aria," Ella said.

"I know mom, I'm here now," I could tell that she raised her eyebrows at Ella as a hint to leave. I smirked to myself before Ella shot me a look. A look that said: "Look after her,"

I nodded and invited Aria in. "Bye," Ella said as she waved goodbye.

Me and Aria both said goodbye in unison before closing the door. I engulfed her in a hug and she wrapped her arms around me. We stayed there for a bit before separating.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yea, are you? I mean, you haven't had anyone to talk to and-" she began to say before I cut her off.

"I'm fine, you are the only person I need right now,"

She looked at me with a slight smile and stood on her tip toes to give me a kiss on the cheek. I smiled back at her and kissed her on her forehead.

"Right, so what movie are we going to watch first?" I asked her.

"Love, Rosie!!!" Aria said as she jumped up.

"Really? I hate that movie..."

"Please," she said batting her eyelids.

"Okay, but this is gonna be like the 1000th time,  just so you know that, if I fall asleep it isn't my fault,"

"Hey!" Aria says lightly punching me in the stomach.

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding!"

"Right well lets put the movie on before this hot chocolate gets cold!"

I put the movie on and me and Aria lied down on the sofa and I put my arm around her. Like I said, I did fall asleep, but luckily enough Aria didn't realise. I woke up right at the end.

"What did you think?" Aria asked me.

"If it's possible, I hate the movie even more than I did before," I said, laughing.

Aria gasped and hit me lightly.

"We should talk to your dad tomorrow about driving us to Detroit to get my car," I suggested. "And I need to try and find a job, and you need to settle back into school, and you need to be with your friends....We need to start getting things back to..normal..again."

"I agree that we should go and get your car but I don't know what normal is anymore Ezra, especially after -A. If -A never existed the Brooklyn wouldn't be-"

"Aria don't say it,"

"I'm sorry, but it's true, I know what you mean, but it's only been a few days. I just need a bit more time."

"I understand, I'll tell you what, why don't your dad and I go and get my car tomorrow while you stay here and do what you want? You could shower, you could sleep, you could have all of the girls over or you could go out for a bit? Like to the movies, or you could just go grocery shopping, you can do whatever you want,"

"I'd like that, I'll shower, get my head straight, maybe do some grocery shopping and invite the girls over,"

I went to get up but Aria pulled me back down.

"Thank you Ezra," she said as she kissed me softly.

"It's okay, I'll do whatever it takes to make you happy." I told her as we smiled at each other.