Chapter Nine

It felt like multiple hours had passed. I felt faint and dizzy. I'd lost all faith in Jason coming back and I knew I was left for dead. Everything around me had just become a blur and I was aching all over. I could feel my eyes closing gently before I heard the sound of sirens. My eyes closed as I saw the flash of blue and red lights.

The police barged into the cabin to find me unconscious and tied up on the couch. I hear that my parents followed after them, followed by Ezra. The police officer told me that my mom came and sat in front of me and cried, whilst my dad and Ezra just stared in shock. My father went and sat with my mom and hugged her whilst I was being untied but Ezra just stood at the front door staring. He came to the hospital in the car with my dad whilst my mom rode in the ambulance with me. The nurse told me that I must have been left in the cabin for at least 3 days, and that I was unconscious in the hospital for 2 whilst I regained my strength.

When I woke up my parents and Ezra were sat by my hospital bed. My mom cried again and my dad hugged her again. Ezra just looked at me and smiled. My mom hugged me but I was still pretty achy. I looked at Ezra whilst my parents were still looking at me.

"It's okay, we know about you two," My dad said.

"And you're okay with it?" I said, my throat still being incredibly dry.

"We've figured that there is nothing we can do to stop it, so we might as well accept it." My mom said.

I smiled at Ezra and he smiled back.

"We'll give you some privacy." My dad said.

"Thanks dad," I said.

My parents walked out of the room smiling at me. For a few seconds Ezra didn't say anything, he just walked closer to where I was on the bed. He sat on the bed and smiled at me again. I was so glad to see him. Although, I tried to avoid eye contact as much as possible because I know that everyone would have a tonne of questions to ask.

"You have no idea how much I missed you. I was so worried. I don't think I've ever felt more worried about anyone. Promise me you will never leave me for that long again. I love you." He said.

"I missed you too, all I did was think about you, I promise. I love you too," I said.

As much as it hurt, I leant forward to hug him. It felt nice, to be back in his arms. Safe. We stayed like that for a few minutes, just glad to be back together again. I rested my head on his shoulder whilst he rested his head on mine. We had to pull apart when a nurse came over.

"Aria, the police would like to ask you a few questions."

This was it. The part I'd been dreading. I was about to be intimidated into answering a load of questions about something that I barely remember. There was one significant question that still remained in my mind.

Why would Jason DiLaurentis want me dead in Ezra's cabin?