Chapter Twenty Nine

Aria's POV

After dad and Ezra left I went back inside where I completely broke down. I fell to the floor and started crying so much that I just couldn't stop. I had tried so hard to keep myself together in front of Ezra. My mom wrapped her arms around me and tried to force her away but she clung on to me. I could hear her begin to sniff so she must have been crying too. I knew from the beginning that this wouldn't only effect me and Ezra, but I didn't think my mom would show it. I turned around and hugged my mom.

"I'm sorry mom," I say, I doubt she could hear me because my face was buried into her shoulder.

"It's okay, this isn't your fault, it isn't anyone's fault," she replies, so she must have heard me.

Then there was a knock on the door. I was worried it might be the police to ask more questions more questions about what happened. Luckily enough it was Spencer.

"Hi Mrs Montgomery, is Aria here?" I hear her say.

"Yea she is," my mom says as she wipes her eyes.

"Are you okay Mrs Montgomery?" Spencer asks as she walks in. By this time I got up off of the floor and wiped away my tears.

"Yes, I'm fine, you go see Aria,"

Spencer smiles at my mom before walking over to me.

"Are you okay? What happened when we left?"

"Let's go upstairs,"

I hugged my mom before going upstairs with Spencer. How was I meant to tell one of my best friends that I had lost my baby when I hadn't even fully accepted it myself.

"We've all been really worried about you, are you-"

"Spencer I lost the baby, -A killed my baby, I had to give birth to my baby knowing that I would never be able to see her grow up," I say, before I knew it tears were streaming from my eyes again.

"Oh my God Aria I'm so sorry," Spencer tells me as she wraps her arms around me and pulls me into a hug. "Where is Ezra?"

"He went back to his apartment to shower and clear his head, I understand that. We both just need our space I guess.." I told her as we separated. "The only difference is, I have you guys or my parents to talk to if I don't feel like talking to him about my feelings, whereas I'm all he has."

"Aria, that isn't your fault, like you said, he just needs chance to clear his head,"

"I know but I worry about him,"

"And I worry about you, I'm worried that you're going to shut us all out,"

"I would never shut you guys out,"

I hear the front door shut which means my dad is back. The I over hear my mom talking to my dad about Brooklyn. She sounded so upset. But she had every right to be. Brooklyn was their granddaughter and they aren't going to be able to do the normal things that grandparents do. I felt so sorry for them.  I didn't know how to comfort them even though so they did such a good job at comforting me. I remembered that Spencer was here and put my focus back in the room.

"Hey do you want to stay over tonight? I could do with some girl time.. As much as I love Ezra I just need some time with my friends,"

"Sure, if you don't mind me asking, when are you going to tell the other girls?"

"I don't know, if you don't mind I was kind of hoping that you would be there when I tell them?"

"Of course, so what movie are we going to watch tonight?"

"I don't mind, your choice,"

We spent the entire night watching movies but I couldn't stop thinking of Ezra. For all I knew he could have been tearing himself apart over Brooklyn. I was. But I just didn't know how to show it and I didn't want to shut myself away from my friends. I was scared that Ezra was going to distance himself from me.