Chapter Four

I went to the doctor with my mom the next day. I asked her to stay outside while I spoke to the doctor. I was shaking.

I told the doctor about my suspicions, but just to tell my mom she was doing a checkup.

Waiting for test results felt like I was waiting for -A to strike again.

The doctor came back. Then with a straight face she said:

"Aria, you're pregnant."

I kind of just sat there for a minute. I could feel tears crawling out of my eyes.

I was pregnant. Do I feel happy? Do I feel sad? Am I surprised? Am I shocked?

I don't know.

I went out of the doctors office and walked out of the building.

"Aria? Aria?!" My mom called after me. I didn't answer and I just carried on walking. Eventually my mom caught up with me.

"Aria, what's wrong? What happened?" My mom said.

"Mom, I'm so sorry." I sobbed. I fell to the ground and couldn't stop crying. My mom sat next to me and put her arms around me.

"Sorry for what baby? What's wrong?" She asked.

"I'm pregnant." I said as I continued to cry.

"We will work this out." She said calmly.

"How mom?!" I asked.

"I don't know, but we will." She said calmly. "We could start by telling the father, who is it?"

I wiped the tears away and got up, I tried to look as casual as possible.

"I can't remember, it was a party and we'd all been drinking,"

"We? Who is we? Aria you don't drink alcohol."

"Me and the girls and I do, sometimes."

"We should go home."

My mom looked at me with her disappointed face and we walked to the car.

So I just lied to my mom. Twice. And told her I was pregnant. What am I gonna do?

I had to tell Ezra. How crazy is this gonna sound? I'm pregnant with my ex-English teachers' child. I know I shouldn't put it like that because he's my boyfriend and I love him more than I can put into words. But I don't know what this would do to him. His career. I texted him.

'Need to speak to you. You free tonight, say 7? Meet at your place. Love you.

-Aria'

Within minutes he replied:

'Yea I'm free, worrying again. What's up? I saw Spencer again today, she said you weren't at school yesterday or today. Your friends are really worried about you, so am I. Love you too. See you tonight.

-Ezra x'

'Don't worry, just speak tonight.

-Aria x'

I shouted down to my mom that I was going to Spencer's house to do some studying, and talk about the whole pregnancy thing. I told her I might be staying the night there too. She agreed to let me go on the condition that I was the one to tell my dad about the pregnancy. I said I'd do it.

I headed over to Ezra's and texted Spencer saying that I'd told my mom I'd be spending the night at her house. She said that was fine.

I got to Ezra's, took a deep breath and knocked on the door.