Chapter Twenty

I didn't even fully know what I was trying to run away from, I thought it was -A but I wasn't even sure. Maybe I was trying to run away from myself. I don't know, I'm so confused.

"I don't know. I just don't want to be around anyone right now. How did you find me?" I asked him.

"Spencer and the girls made us track your phone and where the call was coming from. I'm sorry, but we were so worried when you wouldn't tell us where you were. Where's Ezra?" he said.

"I told you all that I was fine, why can't you just leave me alone?"

I got up, maybe a little too quickly, fell back down and hit my head on the wall.

"Ah," I said as my head hit the wall.

"Woah, are you okay?" Toby asked.

"Yea, I'm fine, just a little dizzy."

"Why don't you come back to the hotel and have a glass of water, you could speak to your parents too."

"'I just really don't feel like talking to my parents right now."

"Well, I'll just go back down there tell them you don't want to talk right now, I'm sure they'll be fine with it,"

"Have you met my parents? They will not be fine with it when they're this worried."

"Yes, I have met your parents, they seem like nice people. Why don't you ju-"
Just like that he was cut off by my mom.
"Aria why didn't you tell us where you were? We didn't mean to intrude but we didn't have any idea what was going on-"
"No! That's right! You don't have the slightest clue what is going on, do you? So just stay the hell out of it!"
I got up and walked away, leaving my mom quietly crying while Toby just stood there. This stress wasn't any good for the baby. I can't handle this. Any of it. This whole thing was bullshit. I'm not going to be a great mom and let's face it -A will never leave us alone. We will never be a happy, normal family.
I wished that this whole thing would just magically go away and it would all be a dream. But no, I was a homeless, pregnant bitch who just had a go at her mom for no reason other than the fact that I'm angry at myself. Well that pretty much sums it up doesn't it. I'm angry with myself because I have no control over this situation and I have no idea what is going on. I began to run down this long dark road until I eventually reached a dead end. I began to violently punch the wall and scream and cry at the same time. Someone ran up to me and grabbed my hands trying to tell me to calm down but I just couldn't. I was so frustrated. I stopped and turned around the realise that it was Spencer trying to calm me down.
"Aria, Aria just sit down and breathe. Okay, you need to calm down, come on sit down and calm down. Your hands are bleeding."
I sat down, still crying. I looked up to make sure no one is was around.
"Spencer Ezra is missing and -A has threatened to kill him if I tell the police. Ezra has sent me a voice note to say he's okay but it's been hours and I don't know how much longer I can do this. I need him back. I cant tell anyone and neither can you. How do people go months, ever years without seeing the people they love most? I don't understand. " I told her as I put my head on her shoulder. She put her head on top of mine in attempt to calm me sown. Although I'd stopped crying, inside I was beating myself up about how this was my fault.
"Listen to me very carefully Aria, Ezra will be found and he will be safe and I can assure you of that. The people who go months or years without seeing their loved ones are the strongest people. But they also don't push their friends away. They let their friends help them and support them. Like me and the other girls, we will always be here for you and you know that. We've all experienced -A and we know how difficult it is. Especially on you since you have a baby on the way. We all have different ways of dealing with things and this is your way. But just please don't push us away. Promise?"
"Promise."