Chapter Thirteen

It came up to my next appointment with the gynaecologist, Ezra drove me there and came in with me. We went into the doctor's office and I laid down on the bed whilst Ezra sat beside me and held my hand.

The doctor came in and did an ultrasound. When we saw our little baby on the screen mine and Ezra's faces lit up with happiness, we were having a baby. I began to laugh.

"What?" Ezra said.

"Nothing, just, we're having a baby! Together." I said with so much excitement in my voice I could have fainted.

"I know," Ezra said and he began to laugh too. He leant forward and kissed the top of my head. The doctor printed out three ultrasounds; one for me, one for him and one for my parents. We paid for them and then we left.

"I don't think it's really quite sunk in yet.." I said in the car on the way home.

"What?" Ezra asked.

"This whole pregnancy thing, I mean I'm the one carrying the baby, surely I should be all good with the idea by now." Ezra looked at me confused.

"No, mean I'm happy that we are having a baby, kind of, but I just haven't fully grasped the idea of it yet." I assured him.

Despite I was worried about everything, school, family, getting a job, having a nice house. In all seriousness, we couldn't live as a family on Ezra's apartment, and we couldn't live at my parent's house for the rest of our lives. To be honest, I was pretty scared; and I didn't know how to tell Ezra. For the rest of the car journey home we didn't say anything to each other and he dropped me off at my house. I went inside and gave my parents the ultrasound. My mom's reaction was to hug me and my dad just smiled.

"We're happy for you honey, and we will support you, both of you."

I was confused, did she mean me and the baby, or me and Ezra?

"Thanks mom," I smiled at her and went up to my bedroom. I led down on my bed and stared at the ultrasound, I was smiling hopelessly at it before I got a text.

'How will you get a job when you have a baby? Maybe I could look after her.

Kisses,

-A'

This made me very scared for my baby's life when he or she was born. But -A put 'her' how did it know the baby was a girl? It's not even time to find out the sex of the baby yet.