Chapter Nineteen

I involuntarily fell asleep at 5am. I woke up at 9 even though I didn't want to. I didn't want to be asleep, but I didn't want to be awake either. I really hoped this whole thing was just a dream. But no, even splashing your face with cold water doesn't take away reality. Or wake you up from a dream. I needed to get out of this hotel room for a bit. I decided to go for a walk. I got dressed and grabbed my phone. I left the hotel room and walked down to the lobby. The same woman from the night before was at reception.

"Did you find your guy?" she called out to me.

"No." I said quietly.

She looked at me with pity and watched me as I walked out the door. I was trying my hardest not to cry and I began to walk down the long road outside the hotel. I stopped outside a small coffee shop and went inside. I thought I'd call Spencer and explain to her what had happened. Another hiver went down my spine as I heard the dial tone.

"Aria, hi! Where are you? Are you and Ezra safe? Is the baby okay? We've all been trying to call you but we haven't gotten through. Where are you? I'm sorry, I should be quiet. We are all so worried about you." Spencer said barely taking a breath.

"I can't tell you where I am, I'm sorry. I'm safe and so is the baby. You shouldn't be worried, you all have your own -A things to think about, it isn't just about me." I said.

"Woah, you moved away because of -A? I understand, but it was just a bit of a surprise that's all, as long as you're safe that's all that matters. Your mom is really worried about you."

"I know, I just can't tell anyone where I am."

"You keep using a lot of 'I's'? Where's Ezra? Is he with you?"

"I'm sorry, service is breaking up I have to go, sorry, bye,"

I hung up before she could answer. I feel like I'm either losing or pushing away all of the people I love just for the sake of one stupid, anonymous idiot! After I'd finished my coffee, I left the coffee shop and decided to walk back to the hotel. I got to the hotel to find a police car outside, I hoped it wasn't anything to do with Ezra. But what if they had found him? Not likely. This was -A we were talking about. As I got closer to the hotel I recognised a familiar face. A few familiar faces. It was Spencer, Toby and my parents. What were they doing here? This couldn't be happening. As soon as I noticed them I turned around and started walking in the other direction. I didn't want to see them. Any of them. At least not at the moment. I didn't know how I was feeling. I didn't know what to feel. I just carried on walking. I heard Spencer call out to me and I could imagine my parents just standing there in shock. I got round the corner and sat down with my back against the wall. Toby slowly walked around the corner.

"What are you trying so hard to run away from?" he asked me.