Chapter Twenty One

I woke up a few hours later in my hotel bed. At first I thought, well I hoped, that what had happened before was a dream and I'd turn over to see Ezra laying in bed next me. Instead I'd turned over to see the bed made perfectly where there was in fact, no one there at all. I sat up and saw I was alone. Where had everyone gone? When I used my hands to sit up I realised how sore my hands had been from punching the wall. My knuckles were a raw red and my fingers covered in scratches. Then there was a knock at the door. I looked through the peep hole of the hotel door. It was my mom.

"Aria, are you awake? I just want to talk, I promise you can tell me anything, you don't have to be scared." she said. "Spencer is still here," At that moment Spencer appeared from behind the wall.

"Maybe we should just give her a little time," Spencer told my mom.

I was still trying to figure out how I'd got from having my back against the wall, to being in my bed. But I opened the door anyway. I just stared at my mom before breaking down into tears, I'd realised that I'd been doing that a lot recently but I just didn't have the strength to keep it in anymore.

"He's gone, mom. Ezra's missing." I said as I quietly sobbed into my mom's shoulders. Spencer left me and my mom alone and my mom closed the door and sat me back down on the bed.

"Hey, what do you mean he's missing? What happened?" she asked wiping away my tears.

"I don't know, he was there and I looked away for a few seconds and I looked back and he was gone." I told her whilst sniffling.

"You need to calm down Aria, getting yourself into a mess isn't going to help Ezra is it? It definitely isn't going to do anything beneficial to the baby. Spencer is still here if you want some alone time with her. Hanna and Emily have been calling all morning and they asked to speak to me and I told them how you were. They're on their way here now so you can have some girl time with them. You need it at the moment. Just talk about the baby and normal things-"

"Mom, my life isn't normal. This baby is going to be in danger as soon as it is brought into the world, and I am scared for he or she's life. I am meant to be finding out if the baby is a boy or a girl next week and he isn't even here. Ezra is supposed to be there with me to find out. Why can't we be the normal family that isn't terrified to go anywhere through simple fear of being kidnapped or even killed?"

"Because life never goes the way we plan it to. I mean, I never planned for my teenage daughter to fall in love with her English teacher and get pregnant by him. But it happened and I'm still proud of you and I will always love you Aria. As your mother I know what it is like to want to keep your child safe and not want them to get hurt, but it happens, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. We have a week to find Ezra s please just keep yourself as calm as you can, okay?"

"Okay, but I could really do with being alone right now. Can you tell the girls not to come? It's not that don't want to see them, I just want to be alone."

"Too late, they're already on their way."

My mom got up to leave my hotel room.

"Okay, and mom?"

"Yea,"

"I love you too,"

I got up and gave her a big hug before releasing my arms and letting her go.

"I will see you in a few hours, okay?" my mom told me.

"Yea,"

I walked her to the door and watched her walk down the corridor whilst leaning on the doorway. When she was out of sight I went back into my hotel room and closed the door. I walked back to the bedroom but as I got to the doorway I halted. I could have fainted. I didn't know what to do. How? What? Who?

-A.