Chapter Twenty Two

What kind of person in their right mind would do this? Maybe I exaggerated the fainting part, but this is just sick and twisted. I slowly walked over to the bed where I found 8 plush toys with long,sharp kitchen knives stabbed in their centres. Even from the doorway I could recognise who each toy was trying to represent. Spencer, Hanna, Emily, Ezra, Mom, Dad and Mike. There was a small one at the top of the bed in the middle of the two large pillows. It looked like a baby doll. This also had a knife stabbed in the centre of it. There was a note pinned down by the knife. I tore it away from the knife and began to read:
'Soon all the real versions of these toys will be mine
Kisses,
-A'
I drop the note and run out of my hotel room and look for my mom's. I knock on multiple doors before I find my mom's. When my mom opens the door I sigh a sigh of relief, I dash past her and look for my dad and Mike. I spot my dad sitting on a couch but Mike is no where to be seen.
"Where's Mike?" I ask.
"At home, he had a big lacrosse game today," my mom replies.
'Oh, uh, okay, where is Spencer?"
"She went downstairs to wait for Emily and Hanna, they should be here soon."
"Okay,"
"What's going on? You seem panicked?"
"It's nothing, how long are you staying?"
"We aren't going anywhere until Ezra is found and we know you are safe,"
"Okay, I'm going to go a check on Spencer,"
Before my mom had chance to reply, I'd rushed out of the hotel room to go and see Spencer. I ran into the hotel lobby and spot Spencer outside. Luckily, she doesn't see me and I manage to get back to the stairs. I was breathing rapidly so I decided to stop for a minute. I sat down on the step and started to think. How was I going to keep an eye on everyone? Ezra disappeared right in front of me. Why was -A targeting me? Was it because I tried to leave? I'd asked myself this question multiple times before and tried not to get into the thought of it. I went back to my hotel room and thought it would be best to hide the toys before Emily, Hanna and Spencer came up. I almost immediately got sidetracked by the small doll at the top of the bed. Was -A really going to try and kill my baby? No matter where I went they were just going to follow me. I wanted a normal life. I wanted my happily ever after with Ezra.
I was so deep in thought and before I knew it Hanna and Emily were here. Spencer knocked on my hotel door gently. I tried my hardest to get all the toys hidden underneath the bed, trying not to catch the knives on anything. Spencer's gentle knock had turned into impatient thuds on the door. As I shuffled over to the door I could hear a muffled chatter outside.
"Maybe she just wants to be on her own," I hear Emily say.
"I'm not gonna let her shit herself away from us, she needs her friends," Hanna carries on.
Before anyone could say anything else I opened the door.
"Aria!" Hanna and Emily say in unison.
"Hey guys, how are you?" I say, slightly unsure whether they know about the Ezra thing or not.
"Good!" They both say in unison.
"But we aren't here to talk ab-" Hanna continues. She cuts off abruptly as everyone trails into the hotel room. Hanna had stopped in her tracks as she looked left into the bedroom. I walk past Emily and Spencer after I close the door to see what Hanna is so shocked at. As I stand in front of the bedroom door I see that the toys have been put in the exact same position as when I first found them. I notice another piece of paper by the baby doll. I pick it up and begin to read:
"There's no hiding it now. Oh, and you should keep a better eye on the things around you. Especially with a baby on the way.
Kisses,
-A"
I turn around and all three girls have disappeared and the door is open. How did I not hear it open? I dash to the corridor to see a hollow path. But none of the girls.
How does -A do it? There is no way that one person can be so devious, skilled and fast. Four of eight people gone. Next were my parents and Mike. There was no way that I could think of a plan faster than -A could take my family.