Chapter Two

Emily walked me home as I sobbed quietly.

"Listen to me Aria, everything is gonna be okay, you have me, Spencer and Hanna. Ezra is the luckiest man alive to be having a baby with you! I mean with both of your looks combined, that will be a pretty good looking baby." Emily said as she laughed.

Emily always knew how to make me feel better. We laughed for a few minutes before I actually realised what we were laughing at.

"Seriously though, we will all support you, whether you are pregnant or not. How late is your period?" Emily asked.

"2 months." I replied.

"And you only just started getting suspicions?"

"I've been so out of it lately, with my parents arguing and everything."

"Should we ditch school tomorrow? Go get some tests to be sure?" Emily suggested.

"I don't know, I'll text you later."

"Okay, I'm not far away if you want to come to my house for a break."

"Thanks Em, I'll keep it in mind."

Before Emily could even reply, my mom opened the door and rushed outside.

"Hey Emily, Aria, why don't you girls come inside?" Ella said.

"Hi Mrs Montgomery, I'd love to come inside but I have to go, see you tomorrow Aria. I'll text you," Emily said as she walked down the steps and began to walk home.

"Bye," I say quietly.  I turned around to my mom staring at my swollen eyes.

"Aria? What's up sweetie? Have you been crying?" My mom asked.

"No mom, I'm just tired, I'm gonna take a nap before supper."

I brush past my mom gently as I go upstairs to lay down.

As I lie down, I don't go to sleep, I lay there thinking about that night again. About how Ezra kissed my tender lips with his soft ones, when he let me slip his shirt off and press my body against his. How I let him take control of my body. But I don't remember him using any protection. I know I shouldn't rely on him. I want to take a test. I lay there thinking about it for at least an hour. Then my mom knocks gently on the door and pushes it open.

"I tried calling you, supper is ready." She says as she comes to sit on the bed next to me. " What is going on? You seemed so happy a few weeks ago, but today you seem like you've zoned out of everything."

"It's nothing mom, I'll tell you when I'm ready. Okay?" I say, expecting a bucket load of questions fired at me. But instead my mom says:

"Okay. But don't keep it too long, I'll begin to worry. I love you honey,"

"Thanks mom, I love you too,"

I wasn't feeling hungry so I didn't go downstairs to have supper, instead I got up to get my phone and I texted Emily saying

'If you don't mind, I'm up for ditching tomorrow. I need an answer and I need to find a way of telling Ezra...

-Aria'

She texted back within minutes saying:

'Okay, meet outside my house around 9:30 in the morning? That way we can be sure everyone is at school and no one will see us. Stay calm , relax, don't worry too much. See you tomorrow.

-Emily'