Chapter Twenty Six

Ezra's POV

"Yes, yes I'm her mother." Ella said as she sprung out of her seat. I followed and so did everyone else.
"I am pleased to tell you that she is stable and will be able to go home soon. She has a few cuts on her head and bruises on her stomach. She is allowed visitors but only 2 at a time please." The nurse told us.
"And the baby? How is the baby?" I asked.
Ella and Byron had already decided that they were going to be the first 2 people to see Aria. I respected that because they were her parents. They sent Mike to the vending machine to grab a snack. They'd already gone by the time I asked the nurse.
"It- it isn't good news I'm afraid."
I stood there in shock as the nurse stared at me.
"Sir are you okay?" She asked.
"Yea. Yea I'm fine." I said. I walked over to a chair and sat down. I began to get that horrible dizzy feeling again and began to breathe heavily. The nurse was still there but eventually, as I calmed down, she left. Ella and Byron came back and said that Aria wanted to see me. Mike came back and I went to see Aria.

I got to her room and I saw her lying there in her bed. She looked so alone and scared. I went into her room and I sat on the bed next to her. I didn't need to say anything before she buried her head into my shoulder and began to cry softly. I put my arm around her and held her close to my chest. I never wanted to let go. Now that I had her back I just didn't want to let go. I looked down at the bump in the blanket where the baby was. I don't know who would do this to someone. Who would kill someone's baby for no reason?! No reason at all! I began to get angry but deep down I knew I was just upset. I started to shake but tried to make it go away as quickly as possible before Aria would notice. I was lost in my trail of thought and we must have stayed there for at least 20 minutes. Until she lifted her head off of my chest and looked at me.

"Why us Ezra? Why did this have to happen to us?" she asked me.

"I don't know, but we have each other and that's all that matters, okay?" I told her. I was uncertain myself, but I couldn't show her that. I tried my hardest to be confident.

"Yea, I guess.." she said looking down and smoothing her bump. I sighed gently knowing what had to happen.

"I don't know how we will get through this, But Aria- Aria look at me, you are such a strong person and I know that we will get through this together. I promise you, no matter how hard it gets, I will always be here for you. You will never have to go through anything alone because you have me, okay? I love you so much Aria."

"I love you too Ezra," she said. I could tell she wanted to say more but that was all she could say before a nurse came in.

"Aria, I'm going to talk you through the following procedure. You have been told what is happening, yes?" The nurse asked.

"I have to give birth to my stillborn baby. Yes I know what is going to happen." She said with a slight crack in her voice. The way she said it out loud made it seem so real. Before it just seemed like it would go away. But now I just don't know what to do.

"I'll be here for you the whole time, would you like me to get your mom?" I asked.

"No, don't leave me. I only want you here." she said, she was scared, sad and angry. You could see it in her eyes. I wanted to hug her as tightly as I could and I had to prepare myself for the emotional rollercoaster that was heading right in my direction. I held her hand tightly and didn't let go. The nurse prepared everything and then told her to push. I held her hand the whole time and tried my hardest not to cry. I hated seeing her in so much pain. But the worst thing in the world, was seeing her face, when everything was over. The look of disappointment when she remembered that she wouldn't be able to hold her baby's hand. She wouldn't be able to watch them grow up. As a tear streamed down her face, she said:

"Is it a boy or girl?"

"A girl." the nurse told her.

"Okay," she said quietly.

I leaned in to hug her as tightly as I could. She was in so much pain. Physically, mentally and emotionally. I couldn't help but cry myself. I wanted to stop but I couldn't. Now, instead of me holding Aria, Aria was holding me. I stood up and wiped away my tears and kissed Aria on her forehead. She asked me to go and get her parents so she could tell them what had happened and so I could go outside and get some fresh air. By now it was really late at night so I just went to stand on the roof of the hospital where I assumed no one would find me. But first I went and got Ella and Byron. I walked up to the roof and just stood on top the roof for a bit. Then someone came barging through the door. I turned around to see Byron heading towards me.

"Ezra, you have to come down, Aria needs you,"