Chapter Twenty Four

Ezra's POV

I couldn't tell how many days I had been in this room. I felt constantly dizzy and I couldn't tell my hands from my feet. I was dehydrated and hungry. My tongue felt like sand-paper in my mouth. I missed Aria so much but I was so glad to hear her voice when she left that voicemail. I hadn't heard anything from anyone since I had woken up in this room. I may have been drugged but I'm not entirely sure. All I remember is being with Aria and then waking up here. Then Aria says that the other girls have gone missing too? That her parents are next? Her brother too? I can't imagine how stressed she must be right now. I was tired and I couldn't stay awake much longer. I lied down on the stone cold, hard floor and went to sleep hoping that the dizziness could go away.

I woke up what felt like months later, but had probably only been a few hours, maybe a day or two. There were more bodies around me, all bringing themselves to light at the same time. I recognised a few of the people and then began to recognise more and more until eventually I recognised all of them. It was the girls, Aria's parents and Mike. We had all been taken by some anonymous being and then eventually ended up being in the same room. I think we all got drugged because there's no way I could have been moved without waking. I asked if everyone was okay and everyone shrugged their shoulders in some kind of way.

"Why are we all here?" Spencer said.

"I don't know, but it may be something to do with Aria... Think about it, she's the only one of us who isn't here and she was scared, she probably is still scared. She's been left alone for what's probably been a week now. She has no one to talk to. No one to tell how she feels about the baby. She's supposed to be nervous about having a baby. Not nervous about her family and friends being missing. Is -A trying to punish her by punishing us?" Emily asked.

We all sat there trying to figure out the answer to Emily's question. I didn't want Aria to have go through everything alone, so I had to find a way out of here. Fast.

But then, it was like the kidnapper read my mind or something, a door that we never even knew existed opened. There was a hallway that lit up with individual lights as the door opened. We all decided to go down the hallway to see if we find a way out. But then again, just like Emily said, this could be -A. So whoever it is could be leading us right into a trap. We went anyway and walked in a line. Byron at the back, me at the front. We followed the hallway that seemed to go on forever. Until we got to a door. I opened it slowly to find us in some woods. The sun hit me and I remembered just how bright it was. It stung everyone's eyes while we were adjusting to being outdoors again.

"Why would -A bring us back here?" I heard Hanna say from behind me.

"What do you mean 'back here'? Where are we?" Ella followed.

"We're in the woods in Rosewood." Spencer said.

"Why would -A bring us into the woods? Why would -A kidnap us just to release us again?" Emily said.

"To keep us away from Aria, maybe? You thought that this was aimed at Aria, right? So while we are all here, Aria is alone in Detroit." Mike said to Emily.

"What are you suggesting?" Byron said.

"I'm calling Aria." I stammered.

"There's no point, there's no cell service out here. We would all come out here when Alison went missing to see if we could-" Hanna was abruptly cut off by Spencer.

"Remember the good times we had out here with Alison when we were kids." Spencer says as she looks at Hanna with a confused face.

"But what about, Toby, Caleb? Where would they be? Your parents?" I say looking at the girls.

"Looking for us maybe, but we've been missing for days Ezra, this would have been the first place they checked, they wouldn't come back here now." Emily told me.

She was right.

"But! Toby knows where Aria is, which means that Aria should be with the police or with Toby or one of our parents. So she could be safe." Spencer says.

"Could? Could isn't good enough Spencer! She could be hurt, the baby could be hurt! -A could have killed her for all we know! We have to get out of these woods before -A gets to her." I shout.

We hear a quiet and gentle voice from behind us.

"Help me."