Chapter Fifteen

We had been driving for hours and eventually I fell asleep. I dreamt about mine and Ezra's life outside of Rosewood. Away from everyone and everything. It sounded nice. Peaceful. I dreamt that we would live in this big, blue house, with a long white porch going all the way around the house. It had the most beautiful white wooden chairs on, and a small playing area for the baby. There was a white shawl on the white wooden decking that was surrounded by toys and in the centre was the prettiest thing of it all. Our baby. Mine and Ezra's baby. A combination of Aria Montgomery and Ezra Fitz in one living thing. I imagined the baby with Ezra's curly, brunette hair and my dark, brown eyes. We were happy. We were safe. We were a family and we were -A free.

But then I woke up. I was shaking and cold.

"Hey, hey, What happened?" Ezra asked me, slightly startled himself.

"I was just dreaming about us, what I imagined our new life would be like. Without -A. Without anything bad ever happening to us. But then I remembered that -A knows everything. -A will always be with us no matter where we go and he, she, it, bitch will always be one step ahead of us. I mean we don't even know where we are going and I bet -A already has something planned for us for when we get to wherever we are going." I exclaimed, now I could barely breathe and I was shaking even more.

Ezra pulled over and placed his hands on my shoulders. "Whoever this -A is will have a very difficult time trying to find us because wherever we do end up, it is going to be very far away from Rosewood. Okay? So just calm down, we are going to be safe. I will make sure that you and the baby are safe. Just go back to sleep, okay?"

I nodded and he kissed my forehead. He calmed me down a bit but I just couldn't get back to sleep. The thought of -A coming after us and hurting Ezra or the baby is mortifying. Reality had hit me too hard this time. I turned to face the window as tears started to fall down my face. I faced away from Ezra so he wouldn't notice but I think he could tell because he pulled over again and hugged me. He didn't say anything he just hugged me. I hugged him back and we just stayed there for a few minutes.

"I love you Aria." he said.

"I love you too Ezra." I told him.

He held me in his arms until eventually I fell asleep. As soon as I fell asleep he must have placed me on the frame of the door and carried on driving because when I woke up, what felt like several hours later, we were in Detroit. We were at some kind of posh hotel and Ezra was looking at me. We got out of the car and were escorted inside. We asked for a room and didn't say much to each other. Ezra went up some stairs and I followed . We went into our room and got straight into bed. Ezra wrapped his arms around me and we both fell asleep.