Chapter Seven

I woke up and looked at the clock, it read 22:59. I uncurled myself from Ezra's arms, managing not to wake him. I decided to go for a walk around the block. I mean, being homeless and everything, I might as well get used to it. I left Ezra's apartment closing the door as quietly as I could. I got outside and it was really cold. Luckily enough, I'd grabbed one of Ezra's jackets.

I began walking round the block, I kept looking down at my stomach just thinking:

'There is a baby in there. An actual human life growing inside my womb right now. I was going to be a mom. Ezra was going to be a dad. We were going to be a family.'

However, the situation we're in right now, we weren't really a proper family. More of a broken one.

I did it again. I got really deep in my thoughts and hadn't been watching what I was doing. Everything happened so quickly. I felt so alone. Someone had grabbed me. They put their hand over my mouth and grabbed me. I couldn't breathe. I wanted Ezra. I wanted my mom. I wanted my dad. Anyone. Who was this person? What did they want with me? Was it -A?

I couldn't think anymore when I found myself unconscious.

I woke up what felt like several hours later. I was in a very dusty room. Kind of like a basement. I looked at my phone. It said:

23 missed calls-Ezra

27 missed calls-Mom

22 missed calls-Dad

7 text messages-Ezra

12 text messages-Mom

14 text messages-Dad

I looked at the messages from Ezra. One of them said:

'Aria, where are you? Police at my apartment. You were here. What happened? Police had to search my apartment. Your parents think I've hurt you, We're worried, get back to me ASAP.

-Ezra'

Another read:

'Aria please come back to my apartment so that I know you're safe. Police are still looking for you, your parents are very worried, so am I. Please don't let me think the worst. I love you. You're not going to be in trouble if you come back. We need to know you're safe. Please come back. I love you.

-Ezra'

I began to look through the messages from my mom. One read:

'Aria, where are you? Please come home. We love you. Don't do anything silly. We aren't mad at you. Come home please. We love you.

-Mom'

Another read:

'Aria, please come home. We just need to know that nothing has happened to you. We're really worried. Ezra said you were with him and you fell asleep at his apartment and he doesn't know where you went. Come home. We love you. Just don't hurt yourself, let us know you're safe. please. I love you so much.

-Mom'

Then my dad's text messages read:

'Aria, come home. Me and your mom love you, don't hurt yourself. If someone has taken you and you're reading this can you call or text to let us know where you are. We will support you with the baby. Aria just please come home. We love you.

-Dad'

Then another read:

'Come home please. You're not going to be in trouble, we just want to know you're safe. Please come home. We love you. We want to know that you're not hurt.

-Dad'

I didn't know where I was. I couldn't go home. I don't feel hurt but I know that wherever I am it isn't safe. I wanted to go home. I needed to see Ezra. Why did I feel the need to go for a walk. If I had just stayed there, safe in Ezra's arms, I wouldn't even be here right now.

Then I heard a door open, it was still dark, but I'm guessing that's because it was night time. The person came down with a flash light. As they got closer I could make out a face.

No.

It wasn't.

It couldn't be.

He wasn't even in Rosewood.