Chapter Twenty Three

So far, all the people that had gone missing had gone missing from my hotel room. So I thought it would be best to keep my family as far away from me as possible. I heard my phone buzz on the bedside table. A voice mail. 'Please be from Ezra or the girls'I thought to myself. I began to play it, my heart thudding as I hear the voice start to speak.
"Aria, I know how to escape and I'll try to be with you soon. I've heard screaming and crying from outside the room I'm in. I haven't eaten or had anything to drink in 3 days. I hope you're okay and not too worried. I've been counting down the days until we find out if we have a girl or a boy. Imagine if we had a girl, how beautiful her eyes would be and if we had a boy, how jet black and wavy his hair would be. I miss you so much Aria. I miss seeing you when I wake up in the morning. I miss your voice, your smile. Everything. I wish I could be with you. I have to go now, I love you so much Aria. Bye. "
By the time the voice mail had finished I had tears falling down my face. Just hearing Ezra's voice was excruciating. Knowing that we couldn't just lay on the couch and watch black and white movies was so upsetting. I wanted to see him so badly. I couldn't stand the thought of my family and friends being hurt because of my actions. Ezra said he heard screams and crying, what if the girls were being hurt? I wanted to call the police but it was just too risky. My phone buzzed again. It was another voicemail. "Aria, we don't know what happened. We were in your apartment and now we are in this dark, stone cold room. Get back to us if you can please. We hope you're safe. This could have been -A but then again, it could have been anyone. This could be the same person who took Ezra, but we don't want you to worry. Make sure you are safe. We will try and find a way out soon. Don't worry about us, it won't do you any good, or the little one. We're missing you already Aria. Bye."

Spencer sounded so scared and I felt so worthless not being able to help them. By now it was only five days until we find out the gender of the baby. Why am I saying 'we'? Ezra won't be there. The rest of my family will probably be gone by then. I will probably have to go alone. I decided to go to sleep to take some of the pressure off. It didn't work. I just lied there and thought about how Ezra and the girls must be feeling. I thought I'd try to leave Ezra and the girls a message. I started with Ezra.

"Ezra, it is so nice to hear your voice. I only wish that I could see you. I miss you so much. I've been getting so worried, the girls are now missing too and -A is threatening to take my brother and my parents next. Then our baby. If you can find a way out of wherever you are then know that I am at the same hotel. I just miss you so much. If only I could hug you and then you tell me that everything is going to be okay. I really hope you find a way out. I love you Ezra. Don't be afraid. Bye."

I quickly wiped away my tears and rang Spencer's phone. It went to voicemail.

"Hey guys, if you are close to Ezra, he thinks he can find a way out so you should be out soon. I can guarantee that his was -A. He plans to come for my baby when it is born. I promise we will see each other soon. I miss you guys. Try not to worry. Bye."

I put my phone back on the bedside table . I had been way too overwhelmed that I realised I hadn't eaten all day. I wasn't very hungry, but it wasn't just me I had to feed. I decided to have some toast and watch a movie. I tried my hardest to focus on the movie to take my mind off of real life. I looked up at the clock and saw that it was 2am. I eventually fell asleep watching the movie and completely zoned out until 11am. Before doing anything, I thought it would be best to go and check on my parents. I knocked on the door but some unfamiliar people answered. I noticed a person who worked in the hotel and asked them where the people in this hotel had gone. She said they had signed out a few hours ago ad then disappeared. I apologised for the disturbance to the people in the hotel room. I went back to my hotel room and called my parents but there was no answer. I called Mike and there was still no answer. How can -A be in two places at once? Mike was in Rosewood and my parents were in Detroit, how could -A get between those two places so quickly? I went into the bedroom and had completely forgotten about the toys that were in there. I just sighed and went to the couch. This was becoming out of control. Why couldn't -A just leave my family alone? I looked down at my hands and noticed that the scratches had started to heal. Is this what I was turning into? An angry, violent person that obeys to anonymous beings orders?