Chapter Twelve

"Can you explain this?" Byron asks. "Who is this -A? Why is this person sending messages to us about you?"

My mom just sits there and stares at me.

"I don't- we don't know," I said.

"We? Who is we?" My mom asks.

"Me and the girls, I'm sorry I can't explain this right now. Just that we get messages too,"

"Is it Alison?"

"I don't know."

I go upstairs and leave my parents wonder. I go to sleep and wake up in the morning to my phone ringing, it's an unknown number. Before answering my phone I look at the clock, it read 6:37. Who would be calling me so early?

I answer it.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hello, are you Aria Montgomery?" the strange person says.

"Yes..."

"Are you the partner of Ezra Fitzgerald?"

I freeze in shock. What happened to him?

"Yes." I say in a strong voice.

"I'm afraid he has been attacked, would you mind coming to the hospital, we can't let him go alone."

"I'll be there as soon as I can."

I ran downstairs and told my parents what had happened. I drove to the hospital scared of what was awaiting me at the hospital. I drove into the car park and ran to the reception.

"I'm Aria Montgomery, I'm here for Ezra Fitz? Uh, Fitzgerald."

The receptionist showed me through to where Ezra was. I looked at him with shock. There he was. He had a broken leg, stitches all over his face, a black eye and I couldn't imagine what his chest would look like.

I ran over and hugged him gently. I didn't want to hurt him. Despite not being able to see it very well, he was smiling and he looked glad to see me.

"What happened to you? Who did this to you?" I asked him.

"They were all wearing hoodies and masks, I couldn't see."

"Well lets get you home,"

We walked out to the car, he was leaning on my shoulder for extra support. From the distance I could see a piece of paper taped onto my windscreen. We got to the car and I helped Ezra in. I put his seatbelt on and then grabbed the note.

'I could do worse than this.

Kisses,

-A'

I stood there for a minute just staring at the note. First Jason came after me, now -A going after Ezra? What we they trying to do? What did they have against us.

Was it because I was pregnant?

I got in the car and screwed up the note.

"What was that?" Ezra asked.

"Oh, nothing," I say as I smiled.

"When we get back to my apartment we are going to have a nice chilled night watching movies. Because all this stress won't be good for you or the baby,"

"Okay," I say as I smile at him.

He was right, none of this was any good for the baby. I drove us home and we did exactly what we had planned until eventually we fell asleep on the couch.