Chapter 19: Changing Roles

Start from the beginning

"Hey, are you okay?" Stiles interrupted my thoughts, and I mentally thanked him. I glanced at him, and he returned me the look intermittently as he didn't want to keep his eyes out of the road. "You look pale."

"Yeah, I think it's the super moon." I said sighing and rested my head against the window. "At least I'm not roaring at everything I see."

"I guess this is better." He let go an empty laugh and everything went silence after that. We were still wet from the rain, which had stopped now. Stiles couldn't stop tapping the wheel with his index finger and his heart was beating really fast. I knew he was overthinking his conversation with Scott and I had to distract him with something. I used the first thing that came into my mind.

"You know, I'm sorry." I said to break the silence. I was trying to apologize for kissing him. I really didn't like saying it.

"For what?"

"Uhm..." I felt my cheeks heating up and I knew I was blushing. He wasn't going to make me say it, was he? "For that thing that happened before."

"Don't worry, Kels." He placed one hand on my shoulder while keeping the other one on the wheel when he saw I was embarrassed for my actions. "I know it wasn't you."

"It was like..." I let out a sigh as I tried to explain Stiles my experience. Everything I had done, I hadn't thought it first. I just did it, even if I thought it was wrong, my body took control and did it anyways. "Like I couldn't do anything to stop it. It looked wrong, it was wrong but I still did it. I felt so-"

"Uncontrollable." He finished the sentence for me, but the way he said it made me shiver. I was scared to look at him, but I did it anyways. For a moment, his face was completely pale. He had a lot of dark circles under his eyes and was smirking at me. I rushed to pull away from him as I shook my head with my eyes closed. When I opened them again, he was staring at me confused. He was fine. It was because of the full moon. That wasn't happening, not again. I hallucinated, he was fine. It was the stupid super moon.

"Are you sure you are okay?" I threw my head back after nodding at his question. Fucking full moon, it was mentally damaging me.

We drove in silence for a few moments before the jeep engine started making really strange noises. They where getting louder when smoke started coming out of nowhere.

"What...?"

There was that much smoke Stiles had to stop the car. I tried to get it out of my face with the help of my hands, but it just didn't work. I heard Stiles getting out of the car and I followed his actions, but when I tried to the door wouldn't open. My eyes started to itch and I was coughing a lot. I was about to break the window glass when the door opened and I immediately jumped out, still coughing.

We stood observing the jeep. It was totally torn apart. Poor jeep. I didn't realize Stiles had the spanner that Scott had given him. He was staring at it furiously. Suddenly, he lifted up his arm to throw it away, but then put it back down just to turn around and hit the jeep with it. It broke the windshield and fell to the ground.

I watched how Stiles, tired, sat resting his back on the jeep. I sat next to him, neither of us looking at each other. He missed Scott. He missed everything being normal and not so complicated. I missed that too. I missed having fun with them and not having to worry about nobody getting hurt. I missed Liam too.

I missed him.

-

Eventually I fell asleep. But I had a feeling Stiles stayed awake all night. That really worried me, because it meant that he had been overthinking, and that was the last thing he needed. I had called Malia when I woke up and thankfully she came to pick us up. Stiles called the tow truck and they came a few minutes after Malia. They took the jeep away and it kinda made me sad.