I Almost Die

Nature was my natural getaway. I don't know why, it just was.

   I went there everyday to escape my stepmom. She wasn't mean; she tried to be really happy even thought I could see sadness in her eyes from my father's death. A real sob story, I know.

   Today was a normal day at the park, or so I thought. I was just walking around the lush grass, when I spotted a blonde girl about my age, 14. She was sitting on a park bench looking normal, except she looked worried and kept talking into her watch like a spy. So I guess she didn't look normal.

   There were no more benches so I sat next to her. I pulled out my bag and began looking through a photo album. There was an uncomfortable silence between this girl and I. But, I ignored it. Themis girl seemed different, out of place almost. I heard a loud beep, she looked at me and gasped.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

She quickly changed her facial expression into a more natural position and stuck out her hand.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm Madi," she leaned in closer "what's your name?"

"I'm Amanda" I said carefully.

   There was more odd silence between us. The awkwardness was unsettling. I shifted around uncomfortably.

"I need you to come wi- oh no, they found us!" Madi's eyes widened.

   I turned around to see a Giant with a pine tree in his hand.

"Stand back and hide" Madi commanded as she ran to the Giant, ripping a dagger out of its holster.

   She ran to the Giant and stabbed its foot, looking for a weak spot. The Giant kicked her aside and came straight for me. The last thing I remember is a silver force field like thing surrounding me, as the tree was thrown, then it all went black.