Chapter 41: A Vengeful Monster was Made

"You... Atlantians..." Agustus mumbled. "If I was... a good father... Luis would still... be alive." He closed his eyes and tears flowed out of his eyes.

Thirty-one years ago in the Rainforest of Estuaria...

A family of biologists lived in the middle of the rainforest, studying the plants and animals living the forest. The Mercaderro Family, renowned for their unbelievable work and discoveries in the land of Estuaria. Their family have discovered many different species of plants, fungi and even mythical creatures that were only known by the natives like the Estuarian long-armed gibbon, Northeast Solomon Forest Lion and the Central Estuarian Unicorn. However, there was one specific mythical creature that they cannot find, the Atlantians. A different species of human that lived in the seas and believed by the locals to be hiding in the forests of Estuaria.

In that particular family there was a man they called Griion, a man that loved the forest, their village, the environment, everything this planet has to offer. He was an environmentalist, ecologist, and vet who cares to every living creatures that he can had contact with. He lived peacefully with his wife and son. He worked so hard knowing more about the living things around him than being with his beloved family.

Until one cloudy afternoon, he was ordered to investigate the sightings of an unknown species at the west side of the forest, around the edge of the Estuarian River. It was supposed to be a solo trip but his son, Luis, insisted to join him.

"Papa, what are we looking for today?" Luis asked.

"We are looking for the creatures behind the legends, those who are known as the men of the seas, rivers, and lakes." Griion replied.

His son hummed in confusion.

"The Atlantians."

His son smiled and said "Woah! They were the ones mama was telling me on her stories!"

"Yes, exactly, son."

"Father, do Atlantians live eating fish, like what mama told me?"

However, before Griion could reply, a rustling sound coming from the bush caught his attention. He covered his son from behind him and crouched as they walk closer to it.

"Shhh, keep quiet, son."

As he peeked through the bush, he found a huge, brown, furry creature, eating something from the ground.

"Oh, it's an Estuarian Bush Whale, munching the fallen fruits." Griion smiled and took photos of the animal from their spot.

"Woah, amazing!" Luis giggled.

"It is."

The animal then left as it sensed their presence.

Griion and his son then came out from their hiding spot and went to the edge of the river, a few yards from where they were.

"Son, stay away from the edge of the water, okay?"

Luis nodded and stayed behind his father.

Griion took his binoculars and observed the surface of the water. He was scanning the other side of the river when suddenly, Griion spotted a sudden ripple from the distant waters. He took his binoculars away and excitedly called for his son.