Chapter 15: The Cold Chains

Bulls immediately ran back to the mines and entered the caves to look for the last remaining captive slaves.

However, on his way to second sublevel, a group of spectators blocked the way.

"Oi! The intruder was here!"

"Kill him so that we will be promoted as a Spectator officer!"

"I will be the one who will kill him!"

Bulls rubbed his ear while the enemies are arguing.

"Are you just going to talk because I gotta go."

"Then it's decided, I will hit him first then you two will follow me, okay?"

"Okay!"

The Spectators dashed towards him tranforming into the beast birds.

"Hakyushu: Engine Crash!"

Bulls pierced through the wall of beak and talons, and tackled spactators down.

"I am done with you guys. Sleep well."

After dealing with the Spectators, he finally reached the room where the slaves were being held.

He looked around and scanned the whole room.

"Oh! Now I remember."

Bulls went towards the dark corner of the room and behind the cabinets, he found another door.

"That cowardly guard went this way. I am sure of it."

He entered the door from where the armed guard ran earlier. It was a staircase leading to the much deeper sublevels. It was getting hotter and hotter but Bulls never mind it.

When he reached the halfway down, he heard loud deafening barks coming from the end of the stairs.

"What was that, a dog?"

The barks are not aggressive but the tone of the creature that was barking was low and weak, as if it was suffering from pain.

Bulls quickly ran down and when he reached the end, the guards are waiting for him, with their guns pointing at the entrance.

He looked around, his eyes began to look for the source of the echoing barks. The room was steaming hot, many huge carts and barrels, machines that lift and pull ores, and behind the guards, he saw a pack of large towering dogs, chained and forced to lift heavy loads.

Bulls' heart shattered. He could not look at them as he was very sensitive in these kind of things.

"How could you... use them... as your slaves!" He madly shouted.

The guards prepared to shoot, "Don't move or we will shoot you dead!" The guard who ran away earlier said.

Bulls clenched his fist and looked down.

"You monsters. I will..."

His fist discharged a powerful amount of electricity from all parts of his body, blinding the enemies in an instant.

"... end your evil doings!"

The guards aimlessly shoot their guns towards Bulls' direction.

"Fill his body with bullets!"

Bulls moved very quickly, he dashed forward, pulling his charged left fist behind.

"Hakyushu..."

His left fist began to charged blue, bright electricity, becoming stronger and stronger.

He was not bothered by the raging bullets that are flying straight towards him. However, everytime the bullets hits his body, they just bounces off.

Although, Bulls was not aware that bullets does not work on him as he was too furious and he was focused on the enemies.