Chapter 12: Forgiveness

Bulls and Thor saw the man transform back into the beast bird, "They won't stop, until one of us retreats or surrenders!" Bulls exclaimed.

The beasty creatures pounced and took Thor down in an instant.

Bulls dashed back to help his injured friend but another enemy pounced him down to the ground, immobilized by the tremendous pressure given by the enemy.

"Blue Bolt..."

Bulls charged up and prepared for an attack but suddenly, the side effect of overuse of his power is striking now and causing him to feel the fatigue and sudden numbness of his whole body.

"No! Not... now!"

He was about to lose hope, when suddenly the ground began to shake and tremble, like something big was walking, every step it takes, the stomping intensifies.

The next second the birds was flung away from Thor and Bulls.

Dark shadow of something big covered the midday sun.

"What the–"

After their eyes, they saw a humongous machine, it is way bigger than Guardian in height and in size. It has a pairs of arms and legs, making it look more of a humanoid, titanic robot.

"Stop bothering these guys!" The machine operator spoke.

The giant swings his right hand, violently hitting the enemies and sending them flying away.

Thor was already unconscious since the birds pounced and took him down, but Bulls he was on the brink of passing out but trying to stop himself.

"Not now... I... wanna... see it."

However, Bulls reached his limit and passed out.

***

Bulls woke up on a room, it was already dark and could barely remember what happened earlier. His whole body is almost like jelly, can barely move and his head was badly aching.

"Damn, what... happened." He whispered, rubbing his head.

He tried to stand up and looked for the door.

"I... need to... go."

Bulls slowly stood up and walked towards the door but before he could reach it, he fell on his knees and his body totally collapsed. He felt a sudden fatigue.

"I'm... so... weak."

He tried to shout it out but he cannot. He lost all his strength and gave in.

A few moments later, he heard some steps from outside the room, someone was running towards the room, and before he could stand back up, the door opened and a man entered.

"Hey, you're not yet fully recovered!" A familiar voice spoke.

Bulls remembered everything, "That voice, you are the operator of that thing... kid... Owen!"

Owen ran towards him and helped him up, "Yep, that's me, and that bot was my grandfather's machine."

"Why?! Why did you helped us."

Owen smiled, "I, we helped you."

He helped him stood up and then he told him what happened after they left the house.

The moment after Bulls' group left the house...

"Owen, make sure that they will be safe. Protect them from the Spectators." Oswald said.

"I will gramps!" Owen replied and ran towards the forbidden room.

Oswald wiped his remaining tears, "I won't let those Spectators hurt my bestfriend's son." He ran towards the forbidden room, following his grandson.