Chapter 6: The First Hurdle

After four days of journey, the train entered the territories of Adorea, a neighboring country of Yamahara in the far north. The train traveled Northeast, the view of the Great Adorean lake is giving some enjoyment and entertainment to the tired passengers of the train.

The lake was surrounded with lush and green vegetations, endemic wildlife and the scenic view of Adorea's twin volcanoes, Mt. Kyres and Mt. Maeg.

While on the train, Bulls felt something different, like something is tingling on his hands. It is also itchy and uncontrollably shaky.

"Come on, hands. What's wrong with you?" He whispered as he scratches them to relieve the itch.

Bulls quickly scratched his hand until it suddenly sparked, luckily no one noticed. The passengers were all busy admiring the view on their windows and Thor was fast asleep on his seat.

Bulls was shocked, "Woah, what was that?" He whispered.

He carefully rubbed his hands together and it gave out another spark, "Dang! This is sick!" He was so amazed on how the way the tiny bolts of electricity flow through his hands.

He immediately closed the curtains that divide them from the other passengers, "I don't know why, but this feels terrifying and so cool at the same time." He whispered as he plays with the charge. "Maybe, somehow, I'll get used to this."

***

After two more hours, Bulls was in the middle of experimenting with his new power when Thor woke up.

"Where are we?" Thor asked, yawning.

"We're still far away, but look over there." Bulls pointed out at the window as the view of the sea came out of their sight. "Añezon Bay."

Thor yawns, "Do you have something to eat? I am hungry."

Bulls took a piece of bread from his backpack's pocket and gave it to Thor, "We're almost there, just one more day and we'll arrive in Yamahara." He assured him.

Thor was about to take a bite on his bread when the train suddenly shook violently, "What is happening?" Thor asked.

"Wait, I'll go check it." Bulls said and went up to check what was happening.

Bulls rushed towards the front door but before he could open it, the door exploded into pieces.

BOOOM!!!

He was sent flying backwards and rolled until he hit a seat.

The other passengers ran away from the front door and tried to escape but before they could do anything, a gun shot echoed loudly.

More than ten bandits entered the carriage and pointed their guns at them.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Frederick, the great leader of our group and the God of this lands. Stay nice and still, give us your valuables if you still want to live!" The man ordered and the other bandits walked forward.

Bulls looked on his left, Thor whispered onto him, "Protect the passengers."

He nodded and quickly snatched his bat from his backpack and sprinted towards the passengers.

"Hey kid, I said stay still!" The leader of the bandits pointed his gun towards Bulls and pulled the trigger.

The passengers covered their eyes.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Bulls fell on the ground.

The passengers looked back, they saw a man standing behind Bulls, he blocked the bullets with his bare hands, "Pardon the intrusion, but I would not tolerate any kind of violence here." He said as he crush the bullet with his hands.