Chapter 9: The Land of Black Soil

Bulls, Thor and Guardian were at the edge of Yamahara, flying above the forest of Yamahara when suddenly, Guardian began to wobble.

"Sir, I need to tell you something." Guardian said. "I could no longer fly, my thrusters, they're wearing off."

Guardian could no longer support two passengers on his back for the reason that his thrusters are not made for heavier loads.

Bulls scratched his head, "Oh, I forgot about that thing. Let's land right now before we crash."

They landed on a countryside forest to hide from the authorities.

The climate is getting colder and colder as they came near the subarctic regions. They walked across the tall taiga forest, luckily, they're nearby the edge of it. It was a cliff, a hundred meters above the sea. They were welcomed by the crashing waves coming from the Ulterblue Ocean.

Bulls smiled as his breath was taken by the majestic view.

"This..."

"... is..."

"... amazing."

Thor felt the same feeling, "This is the most wonderful sight I have ever seen in the past millennium."

"The wind gives me chills through my spine." Bulls said as he shivered.

"But the air, it is very salty." Thor added.

They admired the scenic view until Bulls' sight reached a titanic structure, its ends are out of any humans sight, but that was surely huge.

"That Bridge..." Bulls mumbled.

Thor also saw it too, "What was that massive thing?" He asked.

Bulls clenched his fist, "That's the Bridge of Dreams, Amanda." He said. "That's where we're going to cross."

Guardian loaded his systems, "Sir, according to my data, the Bridge of Dreams is the shortest way to get to Centaria from Titania yet it is also the longest man-made structure ever built." He said. "Going to Centaria by water would take four to five days of sailing from Yamahara to Franzia, but with the bridge, it would only take two to three days."

Bulls faced them, "Let's go, we should continue our journey even if we are being hunted down by the Kingdoms of Adorea and Yamahara."

They nodded and went back to the open path in the forest, leading to the roadside.

They stood by the edge of forest, carefully scanning the surroundings.

The bridge was a hundred meters in width, with towering support beams a hundred and fifty meters above the sea level. At the central section, there are railroad tracks for trains to pass back and forth between the bridge. At the outer parts are the roads exclusively available for heavy and big vehicles, footbridges are also visible at the area for the pedestrians crossing the wide bridge. Below the bridge are the pedestrian crossing, a road for those people who prefer to walk or have light vehicles like bicycles and carts, or for animals to cross safely. Eventhough the bridge was passing through the great Ulterblue Ocean, it was not blocking the ships and cargo vessels, and are able to pass due to the height of the titanic bridge.

"We must be careful and avoid calling the attention of the public, especially the authorities." Bulls whispered to Thor.

"Sir, The train was unavailable at the moment for the reason that the train just departed an hour ago. The safest way to cross is the Pedestrian Area."Guardian explained. "The X-ray scans shows that there are less people down there compared to the Highways."