Chapter 29: The Golden Trident

In the middle of the Estuarian Rainforest...

James swam through the Estuarian River and went back to their old village. On his way to the village, he saw Herbs, his Dugong friend.

"Hey, Herbs! How are you? You look great!" James spoke.

Herbs swam around him showing gratitude.

"That was nothing, I did that because you're my friend. Don't worry, I'm on my way to defeat every single human so that they will never bother us here in Estuaria."

Herbs touched James head with his.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of myself."

James hugged his friend and they swam away from each other.

"Oh, Herbs. By the way, please tell my father that I will be alright."

Herbs waved his tail as a way of saying yes and swam away.

After minutes of swimming, James reached their old village. At his first step, he felt the fear, anxiousness,  and the discomfort in his heart, after all, this was his former home, where he grew up and where his consciousness bloomed. He then carefully sneaked in and observed the surroundings. The whole village was ruined, the only thing James can do was to reminisce and remember the times when his tribe still lives in there.

James was about to continue when he heard footsteps. He quickly crouched and took cover behind a tree.

"You know I feel sad about Bruno, the one that led the raid in this village."

"Yeah, me, too. What happened to him was very brutal. He got killed by those monstrous Atlantians."

"I was very lucky that I escorted our great leader back to Parasolla, because if I was one of the raiders, I might be dead by now."

"Yeah, you're right. I was at Camp 56 that time, along with my colleagues, picking up more ammunitions for the raid."

"We are very lucky that we never encountered those Atlantians."

James smirked and spoke from his position.

"Yeah, you're right, but are you sure you're lucky? 'Cause if were talking about luck, I'm luckier."

The terrorists were shocked and almost tripped themselves.

"Agua Hold and Lock."

James took hold of the terrorists and spoke to them, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Atlantian! Help me, help us!" One of the terrorists exclaimed.

"Please answer my questions so that I won't have to slash your throat open."

The terrorists silenced, James can feel their fear, extreme fear of dying.

"Do you have a family?" James asked.

"I do. I have a wife and a daughter. She's still young and she can't live without me, 'cause she has a hole in her heart, so if I die, no one will pay for her treatment. She'll die!" The terrorists nervously said.

James pointed at the other.

"I am living with my mother. I work here to buy her medicines, she's sick. Please don't kill me, my mom will die If die here." The other terrorist began to cry.

"Do you know that I also had a mother, but because of you, my mother died, you guys killed her... when I was just a baby... and because of you... I never experienced being loved by a mother. Thanks to you guys, my father cried every day, every night."