Chapter Eighty-Five-Powerless

Elsa turned the handle of the door handle quietly; she hurried back into the darkness that surrounded her and as she walked over towards the middle of the room, she removed her heeled shoes to make less noise.

"Where've you been?"

A voice said through the darkness her body jumped from this.

Elsa "Jack? Your awake?" Her eyes widened.

Jack "Yes, I'm awake, I have been for a while. Where've you been?" He asked scooting closer to the edge of the bed.

Elsa "Greta came, she told me Hans wanted to talk...." She trailed off.

Jack "And you went alone?" He raised his brow.

Elsa "Yes. I didn't want to wake you." She said removing the cloak from herself the white nightgown outline shining through the dark.

Jack "What happened?" He questioned seeing her body language differently from how they went to sleep.

Elsa "He...." She choked the tears forming in her eyes as she caught the colbat eyes of her boyfriend.

Jack fought the urge of anger taking over his body but, as he saw the young Queen becoming sad he stopped. The never-ending tears fell from her sapphire eyes and down her porcelain cheeks, his body frozen and his heart breaking from the sight that could kill him if it tried. Her arms wrapped around herself tightly as she sobbed trying to compose herself as she fought the tears back.

Jack "Come here." He said softly.

Gesturing for her to come to him, she walks over taking his hand that's reached out for her and as their fingers intertwine with each other's she feels a light tug on her arm pulling her towards Jack and sitting on his lap that the covers were covering him with. Her head rested on his chest buried as she cried still, and his fingers laced in her long blonde hair stroking it for comfort.

Jack "He tried to hurt you again didn't he?" he asked his heart pounding loudly.

Jack felt the nod of her head against his chest as she continued to cry and the walls of her emotions began to crack, the floor of the room started to freeze and spread up the walls and covered the window that was now frosted over with tiny snowflakes.

Jack "Hey snowflake, it's okay you don't need to be scared anymore you're with me I won't hurt you." he said rocking her back and forth.

Elsa "I'm sorry I didn't wake you." she said moving away from his chest.

Jack "Its okay" he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled.

The white nightgown hovered above the floor as the young Queen stared into his deep colbat eyes. her tears still running down her face as she felt Jacks fingertips graze her cheeks and wipe them away.

Jack "What else is upsetting you?" he asked.

Elsa "I.... I feel guilty...." She trailed off.

Jack "What for?"

Elsa "I've never had to sentence someone to death before....and I'm scared I'm becoming the person he said I was..." she sobbed.

Jack "You had no choice Elsa, he threatened you and even tried killing you twice, it's treason and you shouldn't feel guilty because you're not a monster Elsa you never will be."

Elsa sighed feeling the tears still fall down her cheeks as she stared up at the man she loved, her heart pounded against her chest and her stomach did somersaults feeling the butterflies that swirled around. If it wasn't for Jack, she would have caved in for feeling like a monster but, he brought her back to the light when she needed it and told her what she needed to hear of the truth. He was right Hans had tried to kill her twice and it was time that he had to pay for his actions after all if he hadn't made the choices he'd made and not gone to Pitch's side he would be in this mess, and neither would his accomplices Mother Gothel who also be sealing her fate for trying to kill not just her but, the Princess of Corona..... her eyelids felt heavy as the tiredness overcame her suddenly. Jack smiled back at his girlfriend who yawned from awaking in the night and as he moved back towards the bedframe with her on his lap she laid down as her head hit his bare chest and her eyes closed with his arms around her protecting her from harm.