Chapter 48 : Power

May 6th
Taehyung POV

Martha gently pushed me inside the bookstore. She had brought me here to choose some books to help me with my studies.

My tutor had suggested that in order to pass the entrance exams for the university I want to attend, I need to be well-prepared, and Martha had taken on the responsibility for helping me with that.

I was feeling a bit trapped because I could have come to the bookstore alone or with my friends, but she insisted on coming with me. It felt embarrassing-I'm not a kid anymore, I'm about to graduate from school.

"Pick the books Mr. Suzuki told you to. I'll wait here." she said, running a hand through her blond curls.

I nodded and wandered around the store looking for the books on algebra and physics concepts that Mr. Suzuki had recommended.

As I selected the books, my eyes caught sight of a fantasy story. I couldn't resist and added that book to my selection.

Fantasy romance books!

Jungkook loves reading books, and maybe he would enjoy reading this one to me. I smiled as I picked it up to buy it as well.

At the checkout counter, I presented the books to Martha. Her icy blue eyes glanced at me for a moment before nodding. She didn't bother to check which books I had chosen; she was busy on her phone.

As we paid for the books, she turned to me. "The driver will take you home. Go straight home; I have to meet some friends."

"Can I go to my friend's house?" I asked.

"Which friend?" She raised an eyebrow, her gaze fixed on me.

"Jimin." I replied. I knew she wouldn't allow me to go to Jungkook's.

"Alright, but you have to promise to be back home after an hour." she said.

"Okay, I promise." I replied.

She nodded and opened the car door, ushering me inside. We drove to Jimin's house, where she let me out. I smiled and quickly entered Jimin's house, knocking on the door.

His mother answered, busy baking something. I greeted her and headed upstairs. Jimin was engrossed in playing games on his console, as usual.

"Jimin." I said, but he had headphones on and was focused on his game.

"Jiminah." I patted his back. His face lit up as he took off the headphones.

"Tae, what are you doing here? Are you here to play games with me?"

"You wish, but I wanted to ask if I could call Jungkook over here. I bought a book for him, and I want to give it to him. We could cuddle and read together." I explained. Jimin gave me a strange look.

"So you came to my house not to see me, but to see Jungkook?" he said, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't be mad. I would ask you to read, but you're clearly illiterate." I teased, and he knocked my head.

"Oh, please. I don't have stupids habits like your boyfriend." he scoffed.

"Okay, okay. Can I call him now?" I asked, giving him my best puppy-dog eyes, knowing he couldn't resist.

"Fine. But don't you guys dare to do anything on my bed." He went back to gaming.

I smiled and called Jungkook but he wasn't picking up. It took three tries and he finally answered.

"Hey Jungkook." I said excitedly.

[ "Yes what taehyung ?" ] He was panting. In the background, i could hear boys screaming and hooting.