Chapter 61 : Bumpy ride

December 25th
Jungkook POV

( 6 years later )

I woke up and rubbed my eyes as I got out of bed. After putting on my slippers, I headed to the bathroom. Coming out, I washed my face and quickly got ready, wearing the same white shirt I had been wearing for three days and some clean pants.

As I walked into the kitchen, Minji came running to me with her stuffed pig in hand, her small feet making quick steps. I smiled and pulled her into my arms, and she giggled.

"Mama killed a cockroach." she said, pouting and caressing my cheek.

"Oh, did she?" I asked as I pecked her forehead.

"Yes, there's another. Daddy, can I keep him ?" she said, pointing towards the living room.

"So you want to keep the cockroach?" I asked.

"Yes, we'll protect it from Mama." she said excitedly.

"Alright, but don't touch it, or it might --" I advised, feeling a hit on my shoulder. I looked up to see Angie, wearing an apron.

"You really spoil her. Can't you just scold her? She could get sick if she touches those bugs." she scolded.

"Listen to Mama. If you do, I'll get you another you this time." I joked, and Minji smiled.

"Daddy, I want to come with you." Minji insisted.

"No, Jungkook, you're getting late for work. I'll handle her." Angie said, patting my shoulder as she took Minji into her arms.

"Bye, my angel." I said, kissing Minji's adorable cheeks.

"Daddy's leaving, say goodbye." Angie added, looking at me. "Are you coming tonight?" she asked.

"I might, but don't wait up for me." I replied before leaving.

I never married Angie; however, she became pregnant by her boyfriend, who refused to accept the child. Following a fight with her mother, she came to me asking to stay for a few days. Since she was pregnant, I took care of her.

Meanwhile, my parents had moved to a new apartment I bought for them, and I offered this place to Angie for free. Despite her insistence on paying rent, she now lives here.

I visit on weekends to see Minji. She's like a mirror image of me because I've essentially raised her, and she started calling me daddy. I love Minji; she's almost like my daughter now.

Driving to my gallery, I thought about how my life had taken a positive turn. I am now an artist. Success came quickly after one of my paintings gained fame and was sold for a significant amount. Today, I have another painting to sell, and a client named Soo-ah is coming in for a portrait. He's wealthy, and I aim to impress him with my work.

My past life has been depressing. I was so happy Minji came in my life. These six years was toxic as hell for me. I drank a lot, i possible drown my lungs in alcohol.

Jin is so happy in his life with Jia and Namjoon's out of korea. He was gone to study law with his girlfriend Soohee but they decided to settle there.

These years I felt so lonely, as if i don't exist anymore. I worked and worked only to feel alive. I had to take a lot of relaxing pills and whatever. I had to make my future bright and i think I did. I became what i wanted to but..i can't say if I'm happy.

As if something's missing. Something very important.

It was all so sudden that it didn't even felt real. I'm happy to have come this far on my own. One thing I've learned in life is that being alone is just as unhealthy as smoking. It felt suffocating, as if the walls were eating me.