Chapter 7 : Kiss me.

December 29th
Jungkook POV

He wept for so long that his eyes swollen up. He had kept his emotions bottled up for far too long, and seeing something he loved deeply made those emotions come out.

I hated seeing him crying and yet, there he was, sobbing softly as he drifted off into sleep on my lap.

Although an hour had passed, I couldn't bring myself to disturb his peaceful sleep. My legs grew stiff, but his peaceful face didn't let me move. My heart raced uncontrollably as I looked at him.

Whenever my dad woke up, he looked like a half-dead zombie, with mucus in his eyes. However, Taehyung looked as if he had been plucked out of a magazine of a male model posing for a pillow comercial.

I didn't want to wake him, but I couldn't remain in this position forever.

Carefully, I tried to reposition his head onto the bed, away from my lap, but he stirred awake. His eyes were still swollen and filled with exhaustion as he rubbed them and he sat on bed.

He began to speak but stopped abruptly. I scooted closer, ready to resume my daily task which is to annoy him.

"So, what are these responsibilities you were talking about ?" I asked in a teasing tone. He rolled his eyes with sass.

Oh god, I Just can't last a day without teasing him.

"Dare you mock me while I'm angry?" he retorted, standing up and glaring at me, his hands placed firmly on his hips. He looked like the sexy version of my mother.

"You're angry ?" I questioned all innocent.

"Yes, why would you waste your money buying something I could easily purchase myself?" he snapped.

"The guitar was inexpensive, and just because I'm not as wealthy as you doesn't mean I'm a beggar." I countered.

"Who said you are a beggar ? Just don't waste your money on me. I receive a thousand-dollar allowance every month, and besides, I've given up on music entirely. I don't want a damn guitar." he declared, causing a pang of hurt within me.

He won't sing for me anymore ?

"Now, let's return to those responsibilities I need to take." I continued to tease, and he groaned in frustration.

"Stop Jungkook." he exclaimed, visibly annoyed.

"Alright, sorry." I chuckled.

He sighed and moved a little closer. He was an open book to me, easily read. I could tell he wanted to ask something but was hesitant to do so.

"Do you have something to say?" I asked, observing his tense expression.

"Yeah," He replied confirming my Suspicious. "What made you... why did you do that to me on my birthday?" He glanced at the wall, his words tumbling out in a single breath.

Did something happen on his birthday? What did I do? I couldn't understand. What on earth was he referring to?

"Do you mean the kiss we shared ?" I started, only to be abruptly interrupted.

"That wasn't a kiss. Our lips just touched." he interjected, his tone contradicting his words.

Isn't that exactly what a kiss is? What the heck was he getting at?

"So you hated it?" I muttered under my breath.

"I just don't understand why did you have to complicate things when everything was going well ?" he asked scrutinizing me closely.