Chapter 28 : I love you.

February 12th
Taehyung POV

I found myself standing in the parking lot, looking like a lost child hiding behind one of the parked cars. My stupid friends by my side disguised so that Jungkook doens't know it's us.

Jimin wore a fake mustache while Hoseok wore a wig. These dumb asses think this is helping disguise us but we are catching more attention than we should.

We were on a mission to spy on Jungkook and right now he was busy talking to someone on his phone. We had been stalking him since the whole day. But he didn't met any girl yet.

As soon as Jungkook hunged up phone call, he mounted his bike, and drove away. The three of us stared at each other realizing that he was slipping away.

"Damn it! Hurry, get on the bikes!" Jimin said his frustration palpable as he perched upon his own vehicle. Hoseok nodded in agreement and swiftly joined him.

"Come on! What are you waiting for?" Jimin shouted, his voice resounding in the otherwise silent air.

"I... don't want to." I confessed. Admittedly, I was absolutely terrified.

Terrified that it would turn out that jungkook was actually cheating on me. Terrified that his affections had shifted on someone else. Terrified that the one person I had loved so much would leave me without a second thought. Terrified that I would simply be alone forever.

"Enough with your stupidity!" Jimin hollored training his gaze on Hoseok. "Pull him onto the bike!"

They both pulled me onto the motorcycle, although I didn't wanted to go at all. For a brief moment, we lost sight of Jungkook, but fortunately, because of the traffic jam we found him again.

Soon Jungkook stooped beside local cafe as indicated in his text message to her. Parking his bike, he entered inside. We followed closely.

As I entered, my eyes instantly fell on her. Angel, the girl I had heard so much about, stood with an inviting smile, extending her arms towards Jungkook, who returned the gesture with a hug.

My heart broke at the sight. I hated this feeling. I wanted to cry and go up to him, ask for explaination, demand answers. Yet, I did nothing and silently watched them together which felt like a dagger to my heart.

My friends tried to approach them so that we could hear what they were taking about but all the seats were occupied. We just observed them from a distance.

What I saw was heartbreaking. Jungkook looked really happy. I never saw him smile so much with anyone beside me.

His laughter could be seen, his eyes shimmering with adoration and genuine affection as he talked with her.

"Fuck !" Hoseok said noticing the expression on my face.

"You okay?" Jimin gently rubbed my back, concern lacing his voice.

"I'm fine..." I muttered, while inside, I felt anything but fine. It hurted like hell. I couldn't understand what she said that had him grinning like a Cheshire cat.

I wanted to see more, to accept the situation, but my friends took me home. They cracked jokes throughout the entire ride to make me feel better. Yet, I remained emotionless.

The sight-the nightmare I'd always feared-had now become my reality. Eventually, my loved ones would leave me.

Arriving home, I broke into tears. I regretted falling for him, and now he shattered my heart into countless pieces. I thought Jungkook would never cause me pain, but here I am.

All night, I wept unable to sleep. My stomach ached intensely.

Destiny seemed to have a twisted sense of humor; first, my father cheated on my mother, and now this.