Chapter 50 : A date of disaster

May 22nd
Taehyung POV

I walked out of the house wearing the cutest and most comfy outfit I could find. Today, Jimin and I had a double date with our boyfriends. Jimin had invited us to a fancy restaurant that had just opened, as we don't hang out much.

To be honest, Jimin only invited me. He specifically told me that he didn't invite Jungkook because he basically hates him. But I managed to calm him down.

Even though we've been dating, we rarely go out. Usually, we just meet at each other's houses. Finally, Jungkook found some time for me. He's usually busy with his university studies, and I have my own classes.

As I walked towards him, he looked me up and down. "How do I look?" I did a little spin.

He smiled. "Mine." I chuckled.

He then sat on the bike, and I sat on the back with my hands wrapped around his waist. He stared at me through the rear mirror before starting the bike.

As we drove away, I noticed Martha watching us from her window. I gulped and looked away.

"Did Jimin send the address of the restaurant?" I asked.

"Yes, he did. But I think we should go somewhere alone first before heading there." he suggested.

"Why? He must be waitin-"

"Waiting to insult me." Jungkook interrupted.

"It's not like that." I dismissed his comment.

"It's the truth, love. I don't like that guy at all. I don't know how he even managed to get Yoongi with that stupid fa-"

"Don't make fun." I said hitting his arm lightly.

"I'm not. But you'll see he'll keep picking on me. He might also try to plant some stupid notions in your head against me." he chuckled.

"He's just protective of me, Jungkook. He was my first friend, and I was very weak and sensitive back then. He was like a brother figure to me." I explained.

"I know. Sometimes I feel like he might steal you away from me." he said, his jealousy visible.

"Jungkook, he's my best friend." I chuckled.

"And me? What am I to you?" He asked, smirking through the rear mirror.

"My other half." I replied, and Jungkook went silent for a moment before nodding.

"Hm..."

"So where should we go ?" I asked.

"I didn't plan anything. You tell me where you want to go?" He asked.

"Can we go to church?" I asked, and he didn't say anything for a minute.

"Why?" He asked.

"I know you aren't religious, Jungkook, but I am. I want to make a wish. If you want, you could stay outside." I said and heard a chuckle from the other side. I stared at him through the mirror.

"I would go wherever as long as you're there, love. It doesn't matter if it's hell or heaven, church, or a graveyard." he said, and my heart skipped a beat.

I'm always speechless with him. Although he flirts with me every day, I'm still caught off guard.

"Why so poetic today?" I asked.

"It comes out naturally with you." he said.

We stopped by a church. I took his hand in mine and stepped inside. Jungkook was a little hesitant, but he didn't refuse. When we were inside, I closed my eyes and prayed.